Help me decide what to do (long)

Well i had an issue with a tire recently, the tread started to separate. I could just have gotten another one and it would have been fine, but i know ill have to replace the fronts soon too, but i started thinking...

Recnently ive been thinking about selling my car.

but ive also been collecting parts to do an SN95 brake conversion. I have front spindles and everythign for the rear brakes... and if i spend about 150 more i can buy some take off brakes...for the front and then ill be damn near ready to do the conversion.

I also have a set of 5 lug wheels and tires (base model 99 GT, 16" 5 spoke)

So that leads me to my next thought...why not do the cheap 5 lug conversion now and drive it until i decide what to do, with ARB axles-drums-rotors? Especially since the front rotors on the car now are a bit warped

So i got that thought into my head and go off to the junkyard and i walk around for a bit....plenty of cars to choose from. Even found an areostar the someone had taken the diff out of, so i got that one axle without having to do any work. Pull another axle.

Then i move on to the fronts and realize what a pain in the ass it is to get the calipers off of these things....and then figured out that i really didnt like the rotors i was looking at. The yard was closing, so i grabbed all of my stuff and left, i figured id just buy new rotors and drums

So on the drive back i mulled over whether it was really worth it, and should i just get a new tire and be done with it for a while?

Get to the parts store...tab for rotors and drums comes to about 130$ before seals, bearings, bearing grease, gear oil......well damn it.

That makes the "cheap" 5 lugs not so cheap, when i could pay that and get the SN95 brakes (PBR calipers too) for about the same price. And if i just get a tire and drive it until i buy everything else i need, id probably be better off.

If i bought used it would be worth it to use the set of tires i have...if i bought new, i could put a new set of tires on it and be done.

I kinda want to sell the car, but i would get another fox anyway, so if i put the SN95 parts on this car and then sell it...id have to collect the parts again, and i dont want to

Paying for either new tires or the 5 lug drums, rotors isnt the issue, its about making the best decision based on the circumstances. Im thinking maybe a good used tire on the one corner would be best for now, then i can go from there.

What the hell should i do?:bang:

So heres all the parts im left with

2 Fox length 5 lug axles
5 lug wheels
5 lug spare
Rear disk brakes from a 99
95 axles
94 spindles

the offending tire
0706071419.jpg

A 1990 Notch that seems to hate me at times

This kind of thing makes me want to sell it all and start over....anybody got a 2.3 Calypso 93 notch for sale?

• Sponsors (?)