Help me Identify these 2 thing please.

Killa

Jul 9, 2007
They both are on the passenger side, the rubber rip apart is happent both driver and passenger, and the red color leak is only on the passenger side.

dontknowmo1.jpg

dontknow2rd1.jpg

can you guy tell me what those is ? and how to fix them ? if the pix is too big, my bad, it look small on my 24inch lcd :D. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

First pic looks like a busted ball joint.
Second pics a bit harder to diagnose. I dont know if its brake fluid.. I mean, if you had a break fluid leak so bad it pissed on your springs and steering rack, i doubt youd be asking us what the problem is..you'd probably be to busy asking us why the heck your car won't stop. the system is very sensative to air, and i think if you leaked that much of it youd be dead before you posted. Actually i dont think you can leak ANY of it. once air is introduced via a leak and you use the brakes just one time, it's game over. To me, that looks like transmission fluid. Is your car auto or Manual? Both transmissions take ATF, which is red. If its an auto, id check the pan, if its manual i'd check the seal at the end of the drive shaft. (check that one for both auto and manual actually)

First pic is a ball joint. Second pic is tie rod end and boot. The fluid is automatic transmission fluid from the power steering system (ford uses ATF in their power steering, as do alot of modern cars). If you're getting fluid out in the end of that boot, besides the boot being bad, the inner tie rod end probably needs replaced.

doh! The above is absolutley right. I totally forgot about the PS system, and looking at the picture, it def. looks like there is a leak on that boot, its wet in all the right places. ball joints arent hard. easy as doing lowering springs

is that explaint how i got a single clunk pop noise, when ever I stop and go, and some time hit a bump on the road, it make a pop noise too.

how do you replace a ball joint ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Lo...024QQitemZ370067096497QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

it say something about require special tool to put in the grease ? does all ball joint came with grease in side already ? or you have to put grease in yourself ? thanks

Nothing personal to the original poster...but if someone needs to ask what something is, they usually will end up having a hard time replacing it.

ball joints can be a PITA if you don't know what you are doing....not to mention dangerous

+1.They are not hard but like he said,if you dont know what your doing on the front end components then you really need a pro to fix it....I wouldnt want that to come apart at 70mph.

to 98cobra:
I have never used a press to take them out...prob be easier.I just use that fork looking thing and about a 5lb ball peen hammer to get them out.:D

many people on the other forum , told to to buy 03 cobra low control arm, cheaper and good upgrade part, any one here experiment on these ? will they fix perfectly ?