Help me identify these parts for a 5.0 HO

I am buying a 5.0 HO out of a 1990 Lincoln LSC (exact same as a mustang) in a salvage yard, and it is missing a few items. Help me find these;
1) It is missing the distributor. There are no other 5.0 HO's (mustang or lincoln) in the yard, but almost every other kind of ford you can think of. Is there another Ford motor that would have the same distributor as the 5.0 HO? I am looking for one form another type of car.
2) Does the Lincoln LSC use the same mass air set-up as the mustang? I have been told yes and no. If so, help my identifiy all of the mass air components that I would find on the firewall and inner fender. i need it all; sensors, hoses, wiring, etc.

All this (5.0, 5 speed, fuel injection, mass air) is going into a 65 convertible. What other pieces off of this car could I use? [email protected]

• Sponsors (?)

natejones75 said:
I am buying a 5.0 HO out of a 1990 Lincoln LSC (exact same as a mustang) in a salvage yard, and it is missing a few items. Help me find these;
1) It is missing the distributor. There are no other 5.0 HO's (mustang or lincoln) in the yard, but almost every other kind of ford you can think of. Is there another Ford motor that would have the same distributor as the 5.0 HO? I am looking for one form another type of car.
2) Does the Lincoln LSC use the same mass air set-up as the mustang? I have been told yes and no. If so, help my identifiy all of the mass air components that I would find on the firewall and inner fender. i need it all; sensors, hoses, wiring, etc.

All this (5.0, 5 speed, fuel injection, mass air) is going into a 65 convertible. What other pieces off of this car could I use? [email protected]
I just took my distributor out of my 92 lx It has a new module and pick up coil in it. I put a MSD unit in its place. If your interested in it let me know. Make me an offer.The stuff you need for the mass air I have as well less the mas air. The two rubber hoses and the filter box housing.

I have tons of stock parts out of a 94 GT, if they will help you.

I have a mass air meter, the plastic housing to the throttle body, throttle body, injectors, pistons, crank, cam.

you name it, I can probably sell it to ya.

as for other vehicles with the same stuff, I have been told that some mark vIII's and taurus's share some of the same stuff. not positive though.

I know a lot of people steal fans out of these cars.

good luck, let me know if I can help ya.

The LSC's harness is NOT the same as the mustangs. The ECU you use will depend on if you will have the manual trans or auto in your '65. summitracing.com carries a MAF conversion harness that would probably be a wise purchase.
How much research have you done on swapping a fuelie 5.0 into an older car? Do you realize that you will have to switch to a pressurized fuel tank and fuel lines?