HELP ME!!!! NEED WHEEL BACKSPACING TIPS.

jot_d3sign

Apr 19, 2004
Hello everyone, I'm new but I have been reading the threads here for some time and found that they sometimes help me alot. Well, this time I decided to ask for some info.

I have an 1988 gt convertable that I am trying to rebuild as a project car I have owned it for about 4 years now. I have put dragweld wheels on the car now but I think I messed up the backspacing. the fronts are 15X7 but they rub the calper bolt on the inside. This I figured could be fixed with a wheel spacer. The real problem are the back tires they are 15X8 and I have huge 65X50X15's on them, and thats right they rub, rub, and rub some more. I have already tried air ride but I have gone through 3 sets of them It seems they don't like to keep their air after a while. So with all this aside rather than going with expensive suspension option I decided to sell me back wheels to a friend but this time I want to buy dragweld in a 15X12! does anyone know what back spacing I should use so that the wheel will stay in it home not out side and rub.

Oh, and by the way yes I do like the way the back tires fill up the fender and I like the front lean so I would like to keep it.

Thanks in advance everyone :spot:

• Sponsors (?)