help me on my motor plans...

killer5.0

5 Year Member
Oct 8, 2009
was contemplating 347 stroker but i dont want to spend that kind of money right now since im trying to buy a house in the next year or so and i have to still pay for my wedding as well. do you think this will produce solid power over the 300rwhp mark while having the ability to add a S/C or turbo down the road? car is 100% street driven only and has 5spd stock T5. i have removed smog and i want to remove egr. will be using march performance brackets as well. any help/input would be greatly appreciated.

gt40 upper/lower ( i have and want to get ported by TMoss)

bbk 70mm throttle body

bbk FP regulator (i have)

AFM 3.5" powerpipe

Pro-M 80mm

twisted wedge 170's preassembled (which ones they have fast as cast etc?)

custom cam

30lb injectors (Fomoco i was thinking)

crane coil

msd heavy duty dizzy cap and rotor

msd 8.5mm super conducter wires

FRPP timing chain

ARP header studs

BBK ceramic long tube headers

VRS offroad x-pipe

Flowmaster series 44 with tips

Ford Racing aluminum driveshaft

new oil pan (was thinkin ford racing unless you know a better one?)

anything else i would need? and is this a DIY job? most ive ever done is an oil change but i can read/follow directions very well and i know my way around an engine just never really got my hands into it yet.

thanks again

• Sponsors (?)

From a recent build on an old 302 stock block just bored .030 (306) more or less just to clean up cylinder walls, i used some Performer RPM Heads a Ford F Cam, Scorpion Roller rockers 1.6 along with the OEM hydraulic lifters, GT40 Lower and Cartech upper (Similar to the GT40 Upper in numbers), stock length one piece push rods with guide plates, 75mm throttle body 90mm MAF, MSD Coil, MSD wires, Flow masters with Long tube headers and H Pipe, (FPR?? get it tuned), with a Procharger P600 (6-8 lbs boost) on a mild tune SCT and it made a decent 400WHP witha Tremec 5 speed, so taking into consideration im sure the blower may have only produced 80-100 HP if that so that would be around 300Hp from motor. Realistic numbers should be around 280-300 with a nice build not to wild and not so mild. It will also depend what you run it through, a Gear box should see more than an Auto.
Check out the Mustang Magazine builds online, they can give you some simple builds to achieve what you want to do.