Help Me Out with some Suspension

H What 4.6

Jul 29, 2005
I'm ready to upgrade my suspension and would like some opinions on my choices. My car has 78k on it and sees the track for maybe 15 passes a year. I live just outside of NYC and the roads are **** so I dont want a major drop. This is my list:

Eibach Pro-Kit w/ new isolators
Blistein Shocks and Struts
MM FLSFC
MM LCA

I know with the Pro-kit you dont need CC Plates so I cant justify spending the extra $$... My question is are the blisteins worth it? Also, will LCA's help me out alot? I will also be blown by next summer....

Please give me some feedback before I spend some money and learn different once its too late!:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Looks like a solid setup.

In short, yes, the Bilsteins will be worth it. You may be alarmed at the near 600 bucks they cost, but you won't find too many people switching to another setup (unless they're going to some Lakewoods for dragging or Konis for autocrossing). Bilsteins are the perfect street setup, and they're not very much more than the competitors (like 30 bucks over Tokico Illuminas).

The subframes are a great way to stiffen up your ride and eliminate some rattles, and the lca's adjustable or not are a great way to load up the rear when you race, and yet reduce some of the noise, vibration, and harshness of the stock setup.

The Eibachs are a pretty nice setup too. I've had that and switched out to another brand because I felt it lowered a little too much, and with the potholes and massive speedbumps of San Diego, the hair on the back of my neck spent a little too much time standing up when I'd scrape my k-member, cats, and led to many header bolts backing out and exhaust leaks. Although, you're running offroads so your cat scrapes won't happen, and what looks to be stock headers, so if you're closer to Westchester and Fairfield, it shouldn't be that bad.

+1 for bilsteins, i was going to suggest Tokico's also, but the guy above me gave a quick reference to them.

but overall, you should feel a big improvement, especially with the 96-98 mustangs because i honestly thought they sucked, from experiance.

Yea, i actually live in clifton, about half way between fairfield and the city but i go to school in Hoboken so the car sees some time there (not a DD though) ..... Im more concerned about the underside of the bumper going in and out of driveways etc. than the undercarriage and i do have the stock manifolds..

How about the quad-shocks? I dont see much talk about that or much of an aftermarket? I presume the stockers are more than sufficient?

Thanks.

Yea, i actually live in clifton, about half way between fairfield and the city but i go to school in Hoboken so the car sees some time there (not a DD though) ..... Im more concerned about the underside of the bumper going in and out of driveways etc. than the undercarriage and i do have the stock manifolds..

How about the quad-shocks? I dont see much talk about that or much of an aftermarket? I presume the stockers are more than sufficient?

Thanks.

America's Armpit in the hizzou--:OT:

As for the quad shocks, it's not that the stocks are more than sufficient, but rather that they're pretty lame. Depending on who you ask, they were pretty much a band-aid to keep the wheel hop of the rear suspension down. When you get quality aftermarket LCA's (yes, your Maximum Motorsports count :)), they are designed to plant the rear end, increase grip, keep it from swaying, and reduce wheelhop. I and many others believe that your car will be just fine without them.