help me pick a camshaft

tony67

Aug 29, 2011
so I picked up this 89LX it is going to be an in between street strip car. I am would like for the car to run 13.50's in the 1/4 on the motor no bottle.
The car has 2 racing seat, subframe tied together, 8.8 with 4.10 gears No a/c p/s under the dash has been gutted, tubular k member. to me the car might be light. I have know clue how much these things weigh. The motor I have is a stock std 302 with the trw 4 valve relief pistons and right now I have a set of E7 heads. The intake I thought about running was a eldelbrock rpm???? going to be a carburated motor (650 dp). If I don't use the E7 Heads I might get a set of GT40's but I don't want to drop alot of money on afr or fancy crap like that just to run in the 13's. Oh the trans is a C4 with a 2800-3000 stall convertor.
I don't need it to be any faster, I have an all out drag car, I just wanted to throw this thing together and cruze around on the street and take it to the track and run in the 13's.
when it goes to the track it will have a set of 26X8.5 slicks on it. I wouldn't think mid 13's would be to much to accomplish but maybe I am wrong. not trying to set the world on fire with this car, just wanting to have fun running the crap out of it.

so what HR cam do I need to stuff into this motor to match up with the other junk I have

• Sponsors (?)