Help me pick out lowering springs...

• Sponsors (?)

I wish they made a drag launch kit that lowered your car too. Thanks guys! :nice:

THEY DO!!!!

DragRacing15Feb2009002.jpg

4cyl springs, lowered the car a little more than I thought it would so you may have to cut 1/4 coil or so to get the same look. Looks good, rides like a dream and take the front sway bar loose and it hooks awesome at the track. Still havnt done the rear yet, will prolly put some drag springs and an airbag back there. I dig the rake tho.
Matt

66Sprint6 - Did you cut your 4 cyl springs? What are you plans for lowering the rear with a drag launch kit?

The drivers side spring is uncut, but the passenger side needed to be cut about 1/4 coil to match...as for the rear, im gonna try and find some rear springs out of a drag kit and either leave it high in the back or cut about the same, 1/4-1/2 coil off to make it look better.
Matt

SteedaGT - Caster/Camber plates? How far did it drop your car? Hows the ride?

66Sprint6 - Did you cut your 4 cyl springs? What are you plans for lowering the rear with a drag launch kit?

no cc plates as of yet, dropped the front a decent amount, the back probably around half an inch. with a new set of wheels it would really look a lot better i think, but as a broke ass college kid ponys are gonna have to do. I went ahead and got new shocks and struts and i think it rides better than stock. basically they are in my opinion one of the best springs for a dd. heres a picture when she was 100 percent stock. day i brought it home.
View attachment 266103

no cc plates as of yet, dropped the front a decent amount, the back probably around half an inch. with a new set of wheels it would really look a lot better i think, but as a broke ass college kid ponys are gonna have to do. I went ahead and got new shocks and struts and i think it rides better than stock. basically they are in my opinion one of the best springs for a dd. heres a picture when she was 100 percent stock. day i brought it home.
View attachment 266071

Thats actually a big difference from stock. Looks good! I'm a poor college student too, and I just bought a house, so the stang is gonna sit on ponies for quite a while. I'd rather buy go-fast parts anyways. I like ponies!

MahFiveoh - How much were those springs? You don't have any tire wearing problems?

Anyone running H&R?

No abnormal wear when i was running my stock ponies.Some say you don't need CC plates if your drop isnt too drastic.I bought the springs used, they were brand new in box still but i got them for 120 bux.I think they go for about 250 new.

pict0207.jpg
pict0245.jpg
Progress lowering springs. Never seen anyone else use them but I have used them on my fox, focus and 99 GT. Work better than any other spring I have EVER used. Found them by reading an article in 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords about 6 years ago.

maxspeed springs. they're on ebay for like a bill, maybe a little more. dropped the car maybe 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inches. the ride is pretty good, especially for how inexpensive they are. i have caster/camber plates but they really weren't necessary. oh and i have urethane isolators in the back, none in the front

DSCF1119.jpg

DSCF1123.jpg

fiveohwblow - where did you get the progress springs? How much were they?

Cenok - your car sits perfect too...you said the ride of those springs is good? How would you rate it towards stock springs?

85_SS - No pics? :shrug:

well the only experience i have with stock springs was coupled with the original shocks/struts which = a chitty ride. so these were a BIG improvement as far as handling and such. they are a little more harsh, but that comes with lowering a car, no matter what spring usually.