Help me pick Slicks

• Sponsors (?)

I ordered some 28x10.5's MT's from Summit so they should be here soon. Hopefully they will fit without having to beat in the wheel well to much.

Well i have hoosier drag radials on the car right now and i am going to keep them for daily driving. But i cant for the life of me get it to hook with them. Also i rarely ever drive in the rain so that isnt that big of a deal.

28s will be just fine. That's the same height as his old 60s.

Whats the setup? Can we have some info on the car? Pics?

Yeah :D this is just a mod list i keep so i dont forget **** sorry its so long...

1993 Mustang GT, 393 stroker, roller F4 block, Scat 3.85 cast 9000 crank, JE pistons, Eagle rods, Total Seal Gapless TS1 rings, Balanced to the Motorsport 28oz damper/SFI flywheel on a Stewart Warner balancing machine when the old owner was working for Petty Enterprises in North Carolina. AFR185's, CompCams 282HRcam, Motorsport Vic Jr. intake, Quick Fuel 850 carb, Mallory ignition system, Tremec 3550 trans, RAM PowerGrip clutch, aluminum driveshaft, 31 spline trac-loc, Moser 31 spline axles, sumped fuel tank, 8AN steel-braid feed and return, Aeromotive A1000 pump, MAC 1-3/4" longtubes, off-road H pipe, Flowmaster 2 chambers, Welded up upper and lower torque boxes with UPR battle boxes, Strange 10 way adjustable shocks and struts, Griffin radiator, New Proform electric fan 2800 cfm, Weld 15" draglites, UPR upper and lower control arms, drag launch air bag in rear, NX Nitrous kit w/ 10lb bottle, NOS Dual Purge, DynoTune Bottle Warmer...

DSC03816.jpg

DSC03814.jpg

No i have never taken it to the track, i was trying to get it to hook a little better on the street before i went to the track since its a hour away :mad: ... Anyways i just put the strange ajustable shocks on the rear last night and they helped out a good bit. Im getting the slicks mounted probably thursday so i believe i will be ready then.

Hey guys i got them on today, i had to do quite a bit of beating to the metal rim that hold the sideskirt on. But once that was done i was good to go. I just drove it up the road and tried a couple small launches without a burnout and man i know just like that they hook almost twice as good as a pair of heated radials... I will try and get some pics up tonight but right now im to tired...

Hey guys i got them on today, i had to do quite a bit of beating to the metal rim that hold the sideskirt on. But once that was done i was good to go. I just drove it up the road and tried a couple small launches without a burnout and man i know just like that they hook almost twice as good as a pair of heated radials... I will try and get some pics up tonight but right now im to tired...

What did you have to beat exactly??

What did you have to beat exactly??

Its kinda hard to explain online. Anyway the side skirt that has the air hole in it, right below the door. Well that part wraps around and has two screws in the wheel well, i had to take it off and beat the metal rim it connects to in. Then put it back in place and drill two new holes. That was it...