Help me pick some new valve springs!

I need to replace the worn out stock valve springs. Whoever installed the E cam wasn't smart enough to replace them and now i have to shift at 5k or else it's like hitting the rev limiter shortly there after (valve float) .

Thing is I really don't know much about valve springs. I was thinking about some comp cams springs since they seem to be pretty cheap. Something good for around .550-.600 lift that way i could add some 1.7 rollers with them and still be good to go. Remember i am still running stock heads so i need springs for e7's. If someone could post up some links or part numbers that would be helpfull!

Any help would be greatly appreciated ! :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

steeda has a set for 135. when i do pull my heads off (not for few months) im going with the valve train kit from ford racing. comes with new valves and springs. im surprised you cant go any higher then 5k. mine pulls up to 6 on stock springs and i already have the 1.7's.

legalize420 said:
steeda has a set for 135. when i do pull my heads off (not for few months) im going with the valve train kit from ford racing. comes with new valves and springs. im surprised you cant go any higher then 5k. mine pulls up to 6 on stock springs and i already have the 1.7's.
Well i can rev to like 53-5400 but it just falls on its face after that so i always shift a 5 to keep from having that valve float sound. You're also running gt40 heads and i believe they have better springs than e7's but if not i'm sure they're at least a little fresher than my 1987 springs.

Trick Flow has a valve spring and retainer kit for stock Ford heads.Comes with everything including new valve stem seals.I think it`s in the $130 dollar range.

+ 1 for the trick flow, no machining nessary and they are a good deal.

the ford ones that are ment for the E cam works too without machining, but then you still have to buy retainers and locks (you can't use your stock stuff with the exasut rotators and such with aftermarket springs)

Marlboro_Man said:
Well i can rev to like 53-5400 but it just falls on its face after that so i always shift a 5 to keep from having that valve float sound. You're also running gt40 heads and i believe they have better springs than e7's but if not i'm sure they're at least a little fresher than my 1987 springs.

i think they are the same springs. i read that production gt40's came with the springs from the e7's, but the ones that were sold off the shelf through ford racing had upgraded springs. i got my heads from a 95 cobra so yes they are newer.

crane has the kit to use, forgot the part number, but you can just call them.

Some cars wear out springs quicker than others, you can't really judge by someone elses example.
I use a cam and rocker combo that netted .529 lift when my heads were stock, and it did exactly as you describe.