HELP ME PICK WHEELS!

gtstang8706

Jun 11, 2007
:nice: Alright, it sems like Ive been looking for that perfect set of wheels for months now...oh yeah..I have! I just cant seem to find exactly what i want. I have an 05 torch red gt and im get it striped white next year..I definately want chrome and at least 18"....for a while i wanted the deep dish bullets but every frigin mustang i see has bullet wheels so they arent that desireable to me any more.....I want something that says muscle and style...not bling bling thug....I dont know if 20 would be to big..I like the wide tires with large chrome...Any opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Guys

• Sponsors (?)

First off, 20s aren't too big as long as you don't go wild on the tires. I use 275/35s which to my eyes are just about right. What sort of thing are you looking for - 5 spokes, 6 spokes, thick spokes, thin spokes? The main thing you have to watch out for is the weight of the wheel - even the ones I have add 10lbs a corner with the bigger tires over stock.

Thanks for the help...I do like some of those wheels..to answer the above questions..I want a 5 spoke...all chrome...thick spokes...and definately deep dishwhile staying w/ the prices that americanmuscle.com offers...($200/wheel)

There's definitely mild to wild out there but I would definitely not suggest anything by American Muscle. The FR500 gets my vote but don't get them from the above. The reason is because I saw a set of Y2K Cobra R replicas and the chrome was peeling off. They were on a 2001 (?) GT and I remember it from a couple years ago. I have American Racing but I believe there is a difference between that and American Muscle. Correct me if im wrong.

I kinda like the Falcon Koblenz myself. :nice:

falken_koblenz_chrm_lg_enlarge.jpg

...and the price is certainly right. :nice:
http://www.1010tires.com/wheel.asp?wheelbrand=Falken&wheelmodel=Koblenz+-+Chrome

Attachments

• falken_koblenz_chrm_lg_enlarge.jpg
    falken_koblenz_chrm_lg_enlarge.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 134
I like the 19's. Great compromise for the guys who think 20's look too big and the 18's just aren't big enough. If it were my money, I'd stagger them. 19x8.5 up front and 19x10.5 out back. That'd look sick!!! :drool:

I've never been a fan of wide wheels up front. The 9" wheels are doable, but you'll get a little "hunting" or wandering back and forth when driving down the highway. My friends '03 Cobra used to find every little dip and crack on the road. It got really tiresome after a while. And they don't really handle any better than a set of 8" or 8.5" wheels IMO. :shrug:

I was thinking of staggering them, because yes, it would look sick, only problem is, you cant rotate them and I dont want to have to replace 2 different size tires after 5,000 miles!

I like the 19's. Great compromise for the guys who think 20's look too big and the 18's just aren't big enough. If it were my money, I'd stagger them. 19x8.5 up front and 19x10.5 out back. That'd look sick!!! :drool:

I've never been a fan of wide wheels up front. The 9" wheels are doable, but you'll get a little "hunting" or wandering back and forth when driving down the highway. My friends '03 Cobra used to find every little dip and crack on the road. It got really tiresome after a while. And they don't really handle any better than a set of 8" or 8.5" wheels IMO. :shrug:

i will second the wandering issue. i have 275/45 zr 18's, and they use to seem to drive them selves. but after driving stock s197's on the same road it just feels weird. i actually got use to it.

I'll throw my .02 in here. I love CCW. The quality, fit, customer service and experience of buying custom performance wheels is awesome. Sure you'll spend a bit more but it well worth it.

I have the ccw sp500 19x9.5 and 19x11 on my 06 GT. I had the 505A ans the classic drag wheels on my 2000 GT.

sp500.jpg

I'll throw my .02 in here. I love CCW. The quality, fit, customer service and experience of buying custom performance wheels is awesome. Sure you'll spend a bit more but it well worth it.

I have the ccw sp500 19x9.5 and 19x11 on my 06 GT. I had the 505A ans the classic drag wheels on my 2000 GT.

sp500.jpg

Got any pics of them on the car?

Amen to the ccw line of wheels!! I love this wheel and would consider it on certain colors of stangs, unless there was a all chrome version than the doors would open.I believe the dish is 5" for the rear and the fronts are 2 to 3"

Attachments

• thruxtonside.gif
    thruxtonside.gif
    17.4 KB · Views: 149
  • thruxtonhyperblack.jpg
    thruxtonhyperblack.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 119