HELP ME PLZ!!!!GEntlemen, i need assistance fast...hurry...quick!!!!

BSTANGGED

Jun 8, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Hey guys is bstangged again, i was driving home the other day when i need a extra boost of power to get in the right lane to past a truck. I was traveling about 55 mph and in 4th gear; So i dropped down to 3rd, and pressed on the accelerator, not very hard, but enough to get up enough power to pass the truck. I passed the truck and shifted back into 4th, but I noticed that the car had the same sensation when you power shift through your gears. So i immediately pushed in the clutch because my car as of now was over revving and not stopping, all u hear and see are the rpms hitting the redline. So i kept the clutch depressed, and pulled over right before the exit i needed to take and shut the car off. I'm no mechanic but i do know where majors stuff on the mustang are; So i popped the hood, and pulled the throttle body back to its normal position. After about 10 minutes, I cranked the car up and gave it a few test revs. It seems to be ok, but when i check the throttle body again, i hear this clicking noise when i pull it then put it back into place....Am i going to have to replace the TB or does anyone know whats going on....SORRY FOR THE LONG MESSAGE AND THANK YOU GUYS....BSTAGGED OUT

• Sponsors (?)

RoadconeTuning said:
i cant understand what yoru saying other than your car made a noise after running thru 3rd gear and shifing back into 4th...
:stupid:

Are you saying that your throttle body is sticking? Are you saying that your transmission is making weird noises? If your TB is sticking then just go by an auto parts store and pick up some throttle-body cleaner. Whenever you get home, take your TB off (not very hard, buy a haynes manual if you don't have one) and clean your throttle body. Often, they get dirty which will cause them to stick and it makes it difficult to press the gas or it could just be sticking in different positions.

Try and state your problem more clearly if that ^ isn't it.

sorry...i guess i just dragged on... and on...my accelerator got stuck...like the car would not stop revving until i pushed in the clutch...like had i had a automatic i would have had to throw it in neutral to get it to stop... the brakes werent helping to much...its like if ur moving real fast and u cant stop not cuz ur brakes failed but because ur accelerator is stuck and wont let u slow down..is that easier to understand. pretty much its like i wasnt pressing the gas, but the car was still revving and trying to go till i pressed the clutch and put it in neutral...but even after i did that the car continue to rev its limiter till i shut off the engine.???make more since

DTNODYA said:
:stupid:

Are you saying that your throttle body is sticking? Are you saying that your transmission is making weird noises? If your TB is sticking then just go by an auto parts store and pick up some throttle-body cleaner. Whenever you get home, take your TB off (not very hard, buy a haynes manual if you don't have one) and clean your throttle body. Often, they get dirty which will cause them to stick and it makes it difficult to press the gas or it could just be sticking in different positions.

Try and state your problem more clearly if that ^ isn't it.

:stupid: i agree with DTNODYA if its sticking, but form what i also understood is that it came loose or something :shrug:

Yes....TB is sticking for some reason, check to see of the spring is still on there, and check to make sure nothing is holding it open and that it moves freely. Then spray the thing down with WD-40 :nice: . (wait a while before you start the car)

Thats very dangerous, and how long did you let it hit the limiter?

thanx

yea it is dangerous, it was there a matter of 8 to 10 secs....as soon as i realized it instict kicked in and i pulled over like a bat outta hell...and shut her down for a good 10 mins and diagnosed wat happen

thanks

umm, checked it but its like this, my TB isnt sticking anymore, i drove it the other day and it did fine, its just that when i actually open the hood(with) the car off, the Spring wire(i guess) thats attached to it makes this clicking sound when i pull it and then release it...its almost as if, the TB wire is like giving to much slack, and it seems from the last time i looked at it and toggled with it, it didnt make that extra clicking noise. if that makes since, sorry im no mechanic by far.

BSTANGGED said:
It's funny you should say that Mr. tomustang, I actually have very good english skills, i just choose not to use them since this is not English 100. But thanks again everyone, I will get on that right now.

If more than one person is having a hard time reading your post, then there's an issue. It's not that hard to use proper English skills if you have them. This is not instant messenger and not everyone is 16 and can understand the mumbo jumbo. Save everyone time and a headache by using at least some sort of proper grammar and avoid the run-on sentences. How would you be able to read a response how to fix if we wrote it in the same way the question was presented?

Now read what everyone said in proper English and fix your car.

:D

First off im not sixteen, and my major is Engineering, so im sorry im not the most inclined english person. Secondly let me use some proper english for you. I would like to thank everyone but Nater and Tomustang for your help. The situation at hand has been fixed and thanks to you gentlemen, and this site, I have once again had some very sound advice. For my friends over at the breakfast club(NATER and TOMUSTANG), special thanks for the english lesson that I endured way back when, in my glory days in high school....hehe... BSTANGGED OUT...

"ADIDAM"
all day i dream about mustangs

Glad you figured it out man :nice: . Glad we could help....and yes ignore any rude comments, I guess these guys are having a bad day and/or cant keep their thoughts to theirselves lol. If you have anymore issues, feel free to ask us :flag: .