Help me Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

feldebj

Apr 17, 2010
I have a 1994 red GT with 125K miles - I'm original owner and due to health must sell. Problem is no one can give me an idea of what to ask for it. It has never been wrecked, dented or dinged. The air cond just went out last week and that's the only problem. Everything but the radio is original. Could use a paint job. Any ideas of what to ask for it?

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 1994 red GT with 125K miles - I'm original owner and due to health must sell. Problem is no one can give me an idea of what to ask for it. It has never been wrecked, dented or dinged. The air cond just went out last week and that's the only problem. Everything but the radio is original. Could use a paint job. Any ideas of what to ask for it?

Need pics but in this area right now id ask $4500 and settle for $3500

Why would this get moved to cars for sale from 94-95 talk if the guy is trying to TALK to us about how much to sell his car?

anyway, check out autotrader for your area orsomewhere close. Look at the competition and price accordingly.

Why would this get moved to cars for sale from 94-95 talk if the guy is trying to TALK to us about how much to sell his car?

Because these type threads almost always gather buyer responses and members posting offers.....which if done in a Talk Forum, is a no-no. As such, all "feeler" type threads are considered sales ads and are treated accordingly. He's essentially looking to unload the vehicle and has stated as much in the body of his text. Its further fortified by containing descriptive, detailed information about the vehicle, which turns it from inquiry about the vehicles worth, to sales offer the moment his intent to sell is stated. Whether he meant this to be an actual sales thread or not, really isn’t relevant at this juncture. The moment someone states that the car would be, or is for sale, it becomes one.

So, rather than lock it down altogether for inadvertently violating the Stangnet Terms of Service, it was moved into the appropriate section. No harm done, just ensuring that the rules are followed and proper forum placement is established. Now, both members wishing to assess its value for him and those who may become potential buyers will both see the thread and give their opinion on what they feel the vehicle is worth. He’s welcome to accept their claims/offers, or wait for a higher one. And let’s be honest.....a car is only worth as much as the seller is willing to part with it for and a buyer is willing to pay for it.

Clear? :)

Actually I was not trying to sell here - but only get info since no one in my area (South LA) has a clue what to ask for my car. I appreciate the replies. I have some idea and now will proceed accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.