help me prove my dad wrong

soupnatizzle

Dec 3, 2006
i have a 1995 3.8l v6 ford mustang. my father is into muscel cars and told me not to both getting an exhaust because a 6 cant sound good.

i would really like to prove him wrong.. here is what i need.

a setup that is loud and has ROAR to it. sounds powerfull and mean.

legal in the state of mass. yes i need my CATS.

less that 400-500 total. without install costs.

ideally i would want a setup that sounds like this. if possible http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIxIH0fOPUc&mode=related&search=

or this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t45WWwCvjMY) this is a v6

thanks guys kevin

• Sponsors (?)

You're not going to get it to sound like that, it is a V6 not a V8. I would not get flowmasters, to me they sound too ricey in the higher rpm range (I had one and didn't like it). Maybe a dual exhaust with magnaflow mufflers. They have a deep mellow tone. I have a single that sounds nice but it's probably not as loud as you want but in a pull it sounds more like a V8.

Long Tube Headers with high flow cats, pipes out the side, no mufflers. That should get your the "loud and mean" sound you want.

Thats gona sound like shi t.......more like the car has something wrong to it...when cars have dumps it sounds mean at times...but on the 6 no...I drove around yesterday with my offroad xpipe and no catback because I had to do some adjusting to my exhaust and when you floor it...theres no backpressure to give it the Trq. def do not do no mufflers.....do the x pipe with no cats...and some flowmasters...if ur looking for growl magnaflows...for some howl flowmasters...for garbage bassani...borla and no mufflers

Thats gona sound like shi t.......more like the car has something wrong to it...when cars have dumps it sounds mean at times...but on the 6 no...I drove around yesterday with my offroad xpipe and no catback because I had to do some adjusting to my exhaust and when you floor it...theres no backpressure to give it the Trq. def do not do no mufflers.....do the x pipe with no cats...and some flowmasters...if ur looking for growl magnaflows...for some howl flowmasters...for garbage bassani...borla and no mufflers

it was meant as a joke :p

Maybe what your father meant is that it won't sound like a V8.
Hey it is a V6 which will never have the sound of a 60s muscle car.

That being said my V6 sounds fine. It has MagnaFlow mufllers with two pipes with no cross-over.
My suggestion. Save your money and buy a V8.

Wow...what's going on, man? It's been a while since you've been on here.

EDIT: And I agree. I had the exact same setup on my '01.

Yeah, I've been kinda MIA from Stangnet for a while, I mostly just frequent the NW boards to see what's going on in my area. It's weird, when I bought the GT I thought I wouldn't stop modding it...but about 2 1/2 years later all it has is a steeda tri-ax, steeda shift knob, bumper inserts and my stereo I transfered over from the 98. But I'm finally fed up and I want to get back to my passion. So I'm trying to get more involved and figure that I can help out for the V6 boards a bit. Plus I'm looking into maybe getting another V6 for my daily driver. How have things been with you, you are one of the only old school people I see here anymore.

How have things been with you, you are one of the only old school people I see here anymore.

Basically my '01 got hit by a Camry driver. So I bought my '95 GT w/ half of the insurance money and the rest will go towards my '66. I just pop in here everytime I'm on so I can remember my roots. lol

Not many of the older guys post on here anymore. Ganador pops in once every 6 months or so.

232Mustang95
Not so sure you will find the sounds you're looking for with only 4-500 bucks.
Y-pipe bolt on from Flowmaster will sounds good if you don't floor it or drive with over 2500-3000 rpm, then they will "rice" out.
Here is a little video of my exhaust http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1691265626

I got catted Xpipe and Magnapacks

Its always nice to see a good V6 Setup. Reminds me of the days I had mine:D . But its never going to have anything on my GT now. But the V6 provided a lot of fun and embarressed a lot of people who thought they could beat it because its just a V6 mustang... Hehehe. Anyway your dad is right, but if you want to start working on your 6 dont do it to show him up do it for the passion of it. Showing him up will be the plus of it.:D

232Mustang95
Y-pipe bolt on from Flowmaster will sounds good if you don't floor it or drive with over 2500-3000 rpm, then they will "rice" out.
Here is a little video of my exhaust http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1691265626

Its always nice to see a good V6 Setup. Reminds me of the days I had mine:D . But its never going to have anything on my GT now. But the V6 provided a lot of fun and embarressed a lot of people who thought they could beat it because its just a V6 mustang... Hehehe. Anyway your dad is right, but if you want to start working on your 6 dont do it to show him up do it for the passion of it. Showing him up will be the plus of it.:D

232Mustang95

i have a 1995 3.8l v6 ford mustang. my father is into muscel cars and told me not to both getting an exhaust because a 6 cant sound good.

i would really like to prove him wrong.. here is what i need.

a setup that is loud and has ROAR to it. sounds powerfull and mean.

legal in the state of mass. yes i need my CATS.

less that 400-500 total. without install costs.

ideally i would want a setup that sounds like this. if possible http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIxIH0fOPUc&mode=related&search=

or this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t45WWwCvjMY) this is a v6

thanks guys kevin

BLAHAHAHAHA buy a gt then ....seems like a logical solution to me... :owned:

I know this sounds crazy, but when I got my 98 V-6 in 1999 I put my ole mans 99GT exhaust on it with the pacesetter y pipe and I got compliments on it ALL the time, even when I bring it around my buddies that are used to hearing our V-8's... Dont have a sound clip of that and dont have that setup anymore as the kid I sold the car to switched the mufflers... Still get compliments now as he went with some decent mufflers... :shrug: