Help me put togehter a cheap wheel and tire combo for the track...

• Sponsors (?)

You got yourself a deal.

This time I wont be doing as much weight reduction. Just the jack and ****. Ill leave the seat in. And ill just get my buddy to bring my jack and stuff in his truck.

I say try to find some 16" waffles that someone is trying to give away, or any 16" V^ pair of wheels. Then get some 255/50/16 BFG drag radials for them. If its gonna be track only for sure go with something stickier than the Nitto's.

With a bolt-on 94 GT and 16" bfg dr's I cut 1.8 60's and ran 13.8's @ 98mph.

Ok, so far Ive got these for the tires.

275/50R15 in Nitto 555R's

And these wheels. But im not even sure what the lug pattern is on our cars and what the back spacing needs to be. Would this work?
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=CRR-3975112&N=700+115&autoview=sku

So what do you think?

5x4.5 lug pattern. you need 6.5" backspacing on a 10" wheel. i run a 255/50/16 mickey drag radial on an extra set of stock whaffle wheels. i cut consistent low 1.8 60's and i think i could get to the 1.7's. i still have stock suspension with the exception of drag shocks. i just picked up drag springs and will be getting control arms soon and going to be looking for 1.5's. as mentioned above if they are a dedicated track set of wheels get a better tire.

I have two of my old waffles (the other two floated away when it flooded :( ), but i culdnt find the size I wanted in Nittos for my 16's. What other tires would you guys reccomend?

I'm not questioning your judgment because I'm not that knowledgeable on the topic, but I am curious. If this set will be for the track only why wouldn't you just put a set of Mickey Thompson ET Drags on there?

good point. i switch my tires before i go so i was just thinking of a DOT tire. if you are going to be switching at the track then you could go with a slick.

Well I kinda dont want to go with something like that. As much as I would love to, I really dont want to start breaking **** from hard launches on slicks on my daily driver.

I'd go with either a 255 or a 275 MT ET street on waffles, or a 275 on a 15x8 used Weld wheel, either Draglite or Prostar. Its up to you man, MOB over in th.0 section got a used set of 15x8 Pacer Draglites (Weld copies) with MT ET streets on them for $150 used. Just look around, good deals can be had.

well at least you know how to put together a rear end just in case :D

lol, yea, thats a good thing. I wouldnt mind rebuilding the trac lok again, or replacing axles, but changing gears.... f that. lol
That was easily one of the messiest and grossest things Ive ever done to my Mustang.

Do you know how bad friction modifier smells? Someone told me it was bad, so of course, I opened it and took a big whiff, then i almost puked. lol