Help me set mine up right!

JC 25TH

Oct 15, 2003
Georgia
I want to add a little bass to my stereo setup. I am currently running an Alpine 9811 head unit, a set of JBL 6.5"s in the door and some Boston 6x8s in the rear. I was thinking about just adding a sub in the back, and I would really like for my speakers to be powered by an amp rather than my deck. I don't know what is wrong with my current setup, but a buddy of mine just has a set of rockford 6x9s in the rear of his 67 fastback (same head unit) and his car sounds better than mine even though i have all the previously mentioned speakers plus the stocfk 3.5s in the dash. I don't want to spend a lot of money, but want to get a little more out of my system. I was looking at getting the rockford 5.25 fantastic Q components for the door and the same 6x9s for the rear that my buddy is running and an amp if it necessary and avoid putting in a sub for now. Any suggestions or comments? I really don't know what I need so suggestions on amps especially would be appreciated. I don't want to spend a lot of money on this either, just a little something to enhance the sound.

• Sponsors (?)

you can get a 5 channel amp to power all 4 speakers and a sub if you want. aftermarket speakers are the best addition to a system, because amping stock speakers is useless. if you want to get a sub and amp the speakers, a 5 channel amp would be easiest. run RCA's from your deck to the amp, and if i were you, id go straight from the amp to the speakers, makes it much easier to get the deck back in. a single 10 or 12 in a sealed box would be good, i have one 10 right now (my other subs blew) and it adds enough bass to make up for the crossover on the speakers.