HELP ME WITH MY WICKED STIFF CLUTCH!

fawcett

Sep 10, 2003
Cohasset, Ma
My dd winter beater is starting to die and its almost spring time so I start it up and man is that clutch pedal stiff.

What can I get to make it really really really light and easy to manipulate?

If I can lighten it up I'll put it on the road!

Also I should mention, I have some new seats to install (Sparco Torino 2's) they came with their own brackets so I plan on making sure to get a comfortable position (yes the brackets are adjustable but still).

What is involved with a complete pedal assembly swap to something similar to what the road racers/auto xer's use? I am removing the back seats and installing a new carpet so the pedal area is going to be expozed.

Mods are in my sig.
Thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

Three possible solutions, so start out with the cheapest and least time consuming.

- Buy a non-adjustable clutch cable from www.buyfordracing.com
- A new steel bearing retainer for the throw-out bearing
- Get a Centerforce Stage II clutch for your power levels (LIGHT pedal)

About $400 dollars in total cost there.

yeah i think its just you got used to a light weight clutch.

i drove my old car after driving my mustang for a couple months, and almost slammed through the floor.

everyone sits in my car and tries to push down the clutch and struggles. it seems really easy for me since i'm so used to it.

So start with ditching all the Steeda stuff: cable, clutch quadrant, firewall adjuster and just use an OEM cable?

Sounds kind of crazy, I thought these were good parts aimed at making things behind the wheel easier?

Nothing wrong with the clutch quadrant or FWA. Just try a non-adjustable clutch and make sure it is attached in a smooth arch.

If this does not work, you are looking at an issue with the clutch or TOB engagement.