HELP, my oil pressure and where my charger line is tapped

need a fast car

Jan 1, 2003
ok I just got a car with a novi 100 on it. the car reads low oil pressure if I drive it for like 15-20 mins but seems to run fine. and my HG are blown now. I did some investigation. he still has that clutch fan, no electric fan. the temp guage is broke so i'm sure it heats up a little to much. so the mixture of coolant and oil would be one of signs of low oil pressure. it didnt start to spray mud water till the last time I started it. THEN I checked where the previous owner had tapped the charger line (we were going to pull the engine). he didn't touch the oil pan he T'd off the oil sending unit, so I'm certain that is why the pressure reads low. Does anybody have input on this? Thanks alot

• Sponsors (?)

The feed line for the blower is supose to be T from the sending unit and the return line should go to the oilpan. When I had my novi 1K I used the stock fan and it ran 180-190 so that should be a problem unless the fan clutch is bad.

How was it prior to you driving it? Was the oil pressure an issue?

Make sure not to run the motor with the bad HG. Coolant in the oil can kill bearings.

What type of oil was in the motor? Was it too thin?

The clutch fan will work fine with that set up provided, as dwhiskie said, the clutch isn't bad, the shroud is in place and the rest of the cooling system is in good working order. I'd hook up an accurate temp gauge to see what it's really doing in there.

Do you know if the HG was bad prior to your getting the car? What tests did you do when you bought it? Compression (would show breach in cylinders) or leak down (would show health of rest of internal components)?

- Jeff