Help! My Stang Stinks!!! Literally!

Ok, So I store my car during the winter.

Got my car out of storage last summer and the thing reeked when the vents were turned on.

Like a mouse nest full of crap and piss was blowing through the vents, it smelled like DEATH itself was riding in the passenger seat with me. :dead::poo:

I could find no evidence of mice anywhere under the hood, in the fenders, in the air intake box, or anywhere. I even had a shop in the area throw it on a lift and see if they could find anything. Nothing was found.

The smell only occured when the fresh air vents were on. When Max A/C or A/C was selected, I got no smell at all.

The smell was worse when wet outside, like a nest was getting wet and stinking worse.

I got car engine bay detailed to try to eliminate smell. It seemed to help quite a bit.

This year have the car out again, and it was fine at first but now a slight smell is creeping in the vents again. Same symtoms as before, only when fresh air is being drawn into the car.

Where in the hell can I look to find this damn nest? Any clues?? I am getting ready to just sell the damn thing since I don't want to be driving the Stink Star around all day! :burnout::poo:

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I just picked up an 02 GT. There were seeds and all kinds of crap all over that has me under the impression that a family of squirrels or something was living in the car. I mean, sunflower seed shells and other little seeds were everywhere. So I cleaned it up really good. I spent $3 on vacuuming at the car wash and finally got it all vacuumed out and nice and clean. Then it rained last night so I turned on the air and all this crap blew out the vents with a horrible smell. So I noticed that when I went back to my trunk, even there I again saw a bunch of seeds even tho I cleaned the trunk out. So every few hours I go out and turn the air on full blast and a little bit of stuff flies out. I went under the passenger side and took the blower motor out and there was nothing in it or the vent shaft around it. But stuff still blows out. Although each time it is less and less. And the smell comes and goes. So I'm thinking it may be the cabin filter or something. I figure I'll just keep blowing it out until it stops completely. It might just be a matter of giving it time and being diligent in cleaning it out. If it isn't fully gone in the next two weeks then I'm gonna take it somewhere and have them completely remove the dash and clean it out. Oh and BTW, I even had to take my center console out and vacuum there because there were seeds and stuff in there. Good luck. I'll keep you posted if anything changes my way.