Help! Need a fuel pump electrical connector

I'm working on a ski boat with a 5.8L GT40 motor in it. It has the high pressure fuel pump mounted to the engine on a bracket (standard 5.0 type fuel pump). The electrical connector is toast and I need a replacement. Is there anywhere to find one? What kind of connector is it? I was hoping it would be a somewhat familiar weatherpak type that I can get from an electrical store. It's the 2 prong connector that snaps onto the pump.

• Sponsors (?)

When I bought my new pump with the kit it came with an electrical connector that 5.0.'s don't use. It sounds like the connector you need. You should call summit and they should have the rebuild kit that should have the connector.

Yes but are the pins round or flat, male or female, and the width? You can get replacement pins if that is the problem. Carefully pop off the red housing to expose the pins. To get pins you can go to a junkyard and cut off a connector.

Most of the auto parts stores like NAPA, Bumper to Bumper and such have pigtails. If there isn't one in your area, Ford Fuel Injection will have it. The fast food style chains like AutoZone and Advance Auto Parts don't seem to carry the pigtails from what I have seen