Help Needed. Im Stumped

Zax90

May 14, 2017
Hey guys. My name is Derrick, Im new to the forum and I was told by alot of people to try this site for some help because I live in a "Chevy owned town" and nobody really cares for Ford's around here lol

My issue is that I have a 94 mustang that was originally a v6 but the previous owner did a 5.0 swap. From what I was told the engine was stroked to a 331 and has a cam upgrade. He couldn't really tell me what the cam is or anything just that the motor, 5 speed Manuel transmission, and rear end is out of a 88 mustang GT. He spun the car out and locked up the brakes and a couple days later the fuel lines that ran down the passenger side wheel well had melted and the car basically caught fire.

And with that said. When I got the car it wasn't running at all so I basically took a leap of faith.... Towed the car home and checked the sensors and the rest of the lines on the passenger side of the car and the only other thing that was damaged in the fire was the connector for the code reader, that of witch im planning on changing as soon as I can.

The car ran great for a few weeks after I repaired the fuel lines and the vacuum lines. Over last weekend I wanted to do a tune up on the car and checked the cap and rotor and they looked like new. Got new plug cables and spark plugs for the car. Plugged them in one by one so there would be no mix-up on what goes where. It started to run like a Beast! I was so happy. Drive it around for the day, Shut it down and called it a night. Next morning I had to bring my girl to work and as we were leaving I started to notice something wasn't right. As I accelerated I couldn't give it more the 1/4 throttle or it would begin to stutter and bog down, so when I dropped her off I checked my plugs to make sure that the plugs didn't come loose and checked the cables and all was good....

When i accelerate the car has a really had time with getting past 2000+ rpm.
So I thought "hey let's put the old ones back in see what happens" the same thing happened. I got new tps, cable and plugs, air filter, mass air flow sensor.

I am so stumped right now:shrug: I cleaned and checked the iac, the tb, the egr valve and nothing changed. So please if you can, help me out! Thank you so much for having me here! "I have videos of how it ran before and how it runs now if that will help any!"

• Sponsors (?)

ok, stop changing parts, that won't get you very far and it gets old & expensive quickly. Get the code-reader harness fixed so you can pull some codes. But I'd actually suspect that you have a fuel issue, I've found that's often the case with really bad bog and poor idle. Check the fuel pressure, you may have a faulty pump, clogged filter, bad fuel pressure regulator, but I were a betting man I'd put money on the fact you'll find low fuel pressure.

and the only new parts that i put on the car is spark plugs and the tps. the coil came from a known running vehicle. changed the tps because if i unplugged it the car had no change in how it ran before this issue arose. just letting y'all know

btw i just remembered, should the idle of the car change if i unplug the vac line from the fpr? because when i did it had n change. and if i unplugged the egr valves vac line the idle improved slightly? just a thought

Here's one of the new spark plugs I just put in.

Attachments

• 1494884203144-930108203.jpg
    1494884203144-930108203.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 155
The idle won't change much if you disconnect that little vacuum line, but the fuel pressure should change. Have you put a gauge on it yet? That's probably the most important place to start based on your symptoms.

I don't think 10's a valid code.
11 and 111 are system pass codes.
552 and 553 are AIR system codes, possibly from a disconnected module.
558 and 565 are EGR system codes, maybe from your messing with the lines.

So basically nothing noteworthy. Fuel pressure issues often don't set a code FYI.