Easy fix, diy fix, or definitely needs mechanic fix

• Mechanic recommended

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DIY fix

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

itsAntonio

Dec 8, 2017
Hey, I recently bought a 2005 V6 Mustang (my first car, a V6 was the best choice for me) and when I bought it I was aware of this problem but there seems to be a rattle noise or shaky type noise that comes from the shifter/radio area. When I crank the car and it’s in park, the noise isn’t here right away but when I put it into Reverse or any gear The noise starts. If I’m driving, the noise is there when I’m going slow, like under 15mph I’d guess. But the noise is loud and definitely there every time I stop at a stop sign, change gears, and sometimes when parked. Sorry for a long and hopefully but probably confusing post. I just need some suggestions on what it could be before I head to a mechanic and spend more $$ than I’m lacking currently. Thank you!

• Sponsors (?)

Forgot to add, the car does have an aftermarket radio. It’s one where a screen slides out. Also, the guy who sold me the car said the noise is there bc if some plastic pins or something that broke off when he installed it (2 broke off) but the rattle seems REALLY loud to be from something so small... help??