I changed my pcm and now I get a new set of codes thrown by the pcm would you guys be able to help me fix this?

Attachments

• 3DF37E24-FED1-45DA-BD3C-19495DAD1C7A.jpeg
    3DF37E24-FED1-45DA-BD3C-19495DAD1C7A.jpeg
    168.2 KB · Views: 201
  • Sponsors (?)

The P0080 DTC is a DTC code that would be expected to occur on a motor with variable cam timing. The problem is that a 1999-2004 GT does NOT have variable cam timing.

Are you positive the replacement PCM is for a SOHC 4.6 GT 1999-2004?

Whenever a DTC calls out a "circuit Malfunction" it means there's something so wrong with the basic circuit that the PCM is unable to perform any diagnosis. Think Open, short, ground fault, wiring, or a bad sensor.

Since the fuel level sensor worked (I assume) previously we should assume that the fuel level sensor is good. Suggest starting by double checking the PCM connector for bent/pushed pins. Then monitor the FLI PID.

But since a damaged cluster is one of the possible "causes", given the other problems you are having with the cluster, this may be a great place to start.

>>
P0460 - Fuel Level Sensor Circuit Malfunction
The PCM monitors the fuel level input (FLI) circuit for electrical failure. The test fails when the signal moves outside the minimum or maximum allowable calibrated parameters for a specified fuel fill percentage in the fuel tank.
  • Empty fuel tank
  • Fuel pump (FP) module stuck open
  • Incorrectly installed fuel gauge
  • Damaged instrument cluster
  • CASE GND circuit open
  • FLI shorted to VPWR
  • Damaged PCM
  • Overfilled fuel tank
  • Fuel pump (FP) module stuck closed
  • Damaged fuel gauge
  • FLI circuit open
  • FLI circuit shorted to CASE GND or PWR GND
  • CSE GND shorted to VPWR
Monitor FLI PID and FLI V PID in key ON engine RUNNING. FLI PID at 25% fill (with non matching fuel gauge) and FLI V PID less than 0.90 volts [for FLI PID at 75% fill (with non matching fuel gauge) and FLI V PID greater than 2.45 volts] indicates a hard fault​

Whenever a DTC calls out a "circuit Malfunction" it means there's something so wrong with the basic circuit that the PCM is unable to perform any diagnosis. Think Open, short, ground fault, wiring, or a bad sensor.

Since the fuel level sensor worked (I assume) previously we should assume that the fuel level sensor is good. Suggest starting by double checking the PCM connector for bent/pushed pins. Then monitor the FLI PID.

But since a damaged cluster is one of the possible "causes", given the other problems you are having with the cluster, this may be a great place to start.

>>
P0460 - Fuel Level Sensor Circuit Malfunction
The PCM monitors the fuel level input (FLI) circuit for electrical failure. The test fails when the signal moves outside the minimum or maximum allowable calibrated parameters for a specified fuel fill percentage in the fuel tank.
  • Empty fuel tank
  • Fuel pump (FP) module stuck open
  • Incorrectly installed fuel gauge
  • Damaged instrument cluster
  • CASE GND circuit open
  • FLI shorted to VPWR
  • Damaged PCM
  • Overfilled fuel tank
  • Fuel pump (FP) module stuck closed
  • Damaged fuel gauge
  • FLI circuit open
  • FLI circuit shorted to CASE GND or PWR GND
  • CSE GND shorted to VPWR
Monitor FLI PID and FLI V PID in key ON engine RUNNING. FLI PID at 25% fill (with non matching fuel gauge) and FLI V PID less than 0.90 volts [for FLI PID at 75% fill (with non matching fuel gauge) and FLI V PID greater than 2.45 volts] indicates a hard fault​

I’m fairly new to this is there a way to dumb it down for me