HELP NEW HERE 5.0 MAF

bobby181

May 23, 2009
Hi all im bobby. I am new here and i know this it not the right fourm for a lincoln town car i have a 1988, and i am trying to to do a Complete Car Mass-Air Conversion Kits. How would i do one. I was reading the fourms and web to do it, but am not sure how to, and if it's the same as for the mustang's and were to get the parts. DO i have to change out the intake manifolds upper and lower ones and TB. If any know can help me out how to do it, and find all the parts i need. That would be great. Sorry for the long post.

• Sponsors (?)

Hi all im bobby. I am new here and i know this it not the right fourm for a lincoln town car i have a 1988, and i am trying to to do a Complete Car Mass-Air Conversion Kits. How would i do one. I was reading the fourms and web to do it, but am not sure how to, and if it's the same as for the mustang's and were to get the parts. DO i have to change out the intake manifolds upper and lower ones and TB. If any know can help me out how to do it, and find all the parts i need. That would be great. Sorry for the long post.

I know the mustang steps involved, but not too sure about a town car. Is it an HO motor? For some reason I think the non HO motors have a different firing order?:shrug:

It is not a HO just a base 5.0 and it dose have a different firing order, but if i get a 5.0 mustang ecu i will just have to change my plugs to the right firing order. But what do i need to change it to a MAF. do i just need a ECU and MAF and some wiring kit and tubing and filter and that is it, or do i have to change out other things?

It is not a HO just a base 5.0 and it dose have a different firing order, but if i get a 5.0 mustang ecu i will just have to change my plugs to the right firing order. But what do i need to change it to a MAF. do i just need a ECU and MAF and some wiring kit and tubing and filter and that is it, or do i have to change out other things?

Actually, the injectors will fire out of order too. If it were a mustang, you would either need a full 89 harness, or a mass air harness and a few pins, an ecu, and a maf and air ducting.
MAF - Mustang Mass Air Conversion - StangNet - The Mustang Network

You need to install an H.O cam,and even then,you really don't need Mass Air.A Speed Density H.O computer will work fine.Why do you want to install Mass Air on the car anyway?I used a Speed Density H.O computer (DA-1) in my car until I swapped the cam for an E303 and did the head work,intake,and exhaust.After that,Mas Air was pretty much required.

Get the following parts.....

-E-7 heads (from a 5.0 EFI pickup).A 351W pickup has the same heads,but you'd need inserts for the bolt hols as they are bigger for the 351.

-Speed Density H.O computer (DA-1 is really good)
-H.O cam
-19 # injectors
-Mustang H.O upper intake and throttle body/EGR spacer

All of that will bolt right on to your car without any mods.Plug and Play.

Swap on those parts,upgrade the exhaust,plug in the computer,and go have fun.All of those parts are pretty cheap and are easily found.You'll have flat top pistons,and can't use too much cam with them.Just do the H.O. upgrade and you'll be happy.