Help on 5-lug swap (searched alot)

281pony

Aug 31, 2003
Oly, WA
i have had 2 foxes with 5-lug stuff. both cars had the rear already done, so i'm bashing my head on this one. i have been reading; nrc brackets supposively are weak/flex, blah blah. so i see guys are taking oem brackets, cutting them, all kinds of alternate solutions.

i ideally want to run 1st) 11.65 cobra stuff. 2nd) 10" gt stuff.

so, what is the EASIEST option for me to run rear disc without some crazy cut up bracket/weak bracket setup? does any company make something to just f'ing bolt on? this is my complete planned setup..

cobra mc/booster
95 spindles
cobra calipers/rotors

ranger axles
cobra calipers/rotors
93 cobra e-brake
unknown brackets/brake lines

thanks for the help. im real close to just running drums. my car is light :rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

yeah. however the car has a stance/tire size i want to keep now. so i need the wheels tucked. even if it weren't for that, i hate the look of wheels hanging out like that.

so i guess the easy route for me is to run drum 5 lug or just man up and keep 4-lug stuff? i can run 13"/12" 4-lug brakes for the same cost as going to 5-lug.

but then everyone will point and laugh at my 4 lugs :shrug:

yeah. however the car has a stance/tire size i want to keep now. so i need the wheels tucked. even if it weren't for that, i hate the look of wheels hanging out like that.

so i guess the easy route for me is to run drum 5 lug or just man up and keep 4-lug stuff? i can run 13"/12" 4-lug brakes for the same cost as going to 5-lug.

but then everyone will point and laugh at my 4 lugs :shrug:

I debated this for a long time and the more I researched and asked around the more I realized that going 5 lug is really the best for 2 reasons..
1. It's the cheapest option if you do the swap using used sn-95 components
2. It opens up the most options for wheels and further brake upgrades down the road.

That being said, a nice 4 lug big brake set up is nothing to laugh at if you want to go that route also.

you sound like me kinda. i've been debating it real heavily. i've had 2 foxes that were 5-lug and big brakes (cobra f/r). each car had essentially the same wheels.

i can't get over the fact that i honestly like my 4 lug wheels about as much as any 5-lug wheels i see. i've spent 2 weeks searching pics/archives, i only found one set of 5-lug stuff that made me say "lets go for it".

a set of black mesh ccw wheels. probably cost 4 grand and then i severely outweigh the cost effectiveness of buyin used sn95 parts lol. i can do 13" front baer's and 12" rear with all parts for $950. i priced out my 5-lug parts thoroughly at over $500 more.

i just cant get over the "cool" factor of 5 lug options still :rolleyes: