HELP on AOD shift points

dkbanjo

Jun 1, 2008
L.A
Anyone have any ideas on how to change shift points on an aod. Ive been looking around for shift kits ect. I don't know what route to take. If any one has an idea I would apperichate it very much.

• Sponsors (?)

valve bodies are absolutely fantastic.. i've got abig block mopar on a big shot of spray with a 3 speed automatic (torqueflight 727)....got a reverse manual valve body on it.. fully manual... it's absolutely great. breakneck shifts... Cheetah Valvebodies makes it.. if i'm not mistaken, i ordered it from Summit.

Thanks for the suggestion for a valve body. I was looking at a Lentech street terminator calibration 1. Its a man/auto 1-2-3/4 with a O/D button It sounds good
but 479.00. I guess that's not to bad.

Thanks for the suggestion for a valve body. I was looking at a Lentech street terminator calibration 1. Its a man/auto 1-2-3/4 with a O/D button It sounds good
but 479.00. I guess that's not to bad.
I went with a Transgo which was much cheaper but if I had it to do over I would pony up for a vb like the Lentech. Granted, from a performance standpoint the Transgo is light years better than stock: wot throttle shifts at 5k and it hits hard enough to break the tires loose on the 1-2 shift. My biggest regret is not having the "full manual" option, plus it can shift a bit sloppy if I don't have my foot on the gas during the upshift. For instance, if I'm coasting along in second gear and it shifts to 3rd it sounds clunky. I say spend the extra money for the full vb upgrade.

you can check out the PA valve bodies. I think they're in the summit or jegs catalogs an start around $200. A baunum kit is like $70, plus I paid labor on mine because I didn't want to take the vb apart, but swapping the vb wasn't a problem.

thanks for the suggestion for clickclickracing they know there aods I'll also check out the baunum kits and pa's becouse the lentech is like 479.00 and I'm due for some tires so any cut in cost is good. click click suggested changing my rev governor to a high rev gov and thats like 38.00 it'l bring the shift to about 5500

You do need to know your way around the tranny to change things out..Otherwise it will be a very expensive lesson. I will go will a new or even a used VB from maybe someone from your area or here on Stangnet. There is some good deal around. I get a nice working AOD tranny with a Lentech VB with O/D Delate for less then $400 from a guy here on Stangnet.

I wasn't going to try to take it apart myself trannys are to much for me. I talk to a guy at a trans shop and he said that shimming the tv valve would raise the WOT shift point, as long as I know what size shim for how high of shift . The guys at clickclickracing told me the sizes. Really I just want to raise the 2-3 WOT shift point because I cant get full boost at 5000

You can shim the TV cable and try to fool the tranny but I'd bet it changes your part throttle shift points too. I did the TV cable, transgo kit, but in the end the best money I ever spent on the AOD was a PA performance manual valve body with a trans brake. Mike