Help out a newb...

Beast280

Jun 21, 2020
USA
Ok guys. Got a lot of questions and hope you guys will help out. Not trying to spend days using search bar. Would appreciate real experience answers. Wanting to take my 2002 GT to 450+rwhp. Looking to do a mammoth kenne bell supercharger. TIA.

What will I need to do for best results.?? My version of best results are how to make the most power and be a reliable daily driver.

• Sponsors (?)

If it were me, I'd call Kenne Bell and ask them, then take their recommendations. They've spent a great deal of time hammering out best practices for their equipment.

Reactions: 2 users
450 shouldn't be a problem for a Mammoth kit; there are plenty of examples of that power range being made with boost in the low teens or so, with little to no modification otherwise. You'll have to make the usual fuel system mods to support it, but that's the kind of thing KB can recommend.

For reliability, you might need to dial that back just a hair, or build your shortblock up to handle it; at 450, you're getting close to the limit on your connecting rods. Some people have had their cars live at that level for thousands of miles, others have thrown a rod by that point. You could get lucky, but I think I'd upgrade in your shoes (at least some BOSS 302 rods and entry level forged pistons).

Reactions: 1 user
450 shouldn't be a problem for a Mammoth kit; there are plenty of examples of that power range being made with boost in the low teens or so, with little to no modification otherwise. You'll have to make the usual fuel system mods to support it, but that's the kind of thing KB can recommend.

For reliability, you might need to dial that back just a hair, or build your shortblock up to handle it; at 450, you're getting close to the limit on your connecting rods. Some people have had their cars live at that level for thousands of miles, others have thrown a rod by that point. You could get lucky, but I think I'd upgrade in your shoes (at least some BOSS 302 rods and entry level forged pistons).

So think it be best I ask KB their opinions on needed assisting options like fuel pump, tuning etc..???