Help picking heads

rpark

Mar 22, 2003
Central Ohio
I've got a 92 5.0 slightly modified with a B303 cam & cobra intake. One of my head gaskets is bad, so what a better time to consider replacing the stock heads. I've been looking at so many different heads, I'm not sure what's gonna get me the most bang for the buck. Looked at edelbrock, twisted wedge, afr, procomp heads with varying sizes from 170cc to 205cc.

I'm thinking something like the AFR 185 or 205's, but not sure what will work best with my setup. Any suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

Twisted wedges will likely be the best bang for the buck.
Afr's are just as good but they cost more.

Forget 185's or 205's, they are not for mild engines, i don't even think they will clear stock pistons.

How much do you want to spend on heads? Cant really go wrong with TFS or AFR 165's. If you dont have a goal in mind and just want something better you might just want to look into gt40(P) heads for a real bang for the buck.

I really don't have a budget in mind, and no, this won't be my only upgrade. This won't ever be a street racer, as it's a 5.0 installed in a monster jeep, so overall my goal is to increase low end power as much as possible.

I've considered several upgrades, but have a hard time making up my mind on what's the most important. MAF & injectors, throttle body, blower, heads, etc. Right now the heads take precedence because of the gasket leak.