help picking out a cam

texasmustang316

Dec 7, 2009
i have a motor out of a 93 mustang going in a 86 mustang. it was fuel inj but i am going carb. i want a good sounding cam that will go with stock heads. i will have shorty headers x pipe no cats with flows. what is a good cam that will make the car loud and aggressive?

• Sponsors(?)

StangNet created a new car social app called knowmoto! Add your Mustang or post a photo in the knowmoto app and enter for a chance at a $100 gift card from LMR. Click the LMR Logo for more about the knowmoto Mega Thread!

skunk21

May 22, 2007
Taxachusetts
not trying to come of bad but if you look in tech or search there have been alot of very recent "cam" topics with alot of discussion that might help you out.

Mustang5L5

Put lubricant all over the balls
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
It's also a top end power cam. I find that it really doesnt pull hard until after 3000RPM or higher. DOwn low, it's a little "lacking" in torque

Kinda why you shouldn't put one in a heavy car or an AOD.

Picking a cam strictly for lope is like marrying a woman for her chest. It's gonna impress your friends, but in the long run you'll pay for it.

Shaolin Crane

Banned
Oct 6, 2008
Kommiefornia
It's also a top end power cam. I find that it really doesnt pull hard until after 3000RPM or higher. DOwn low, it's a little "lacking" in torque

Kinda why you shouldn't put one in a heavy car or an AOD.

Picking a cam strictly for lope is like marrying a woman for her chest. It's gonna impress your friends, but in the long run you'll pay for it.

damn i spit out my nose on that one

Mustang5L5

Put lubricant all over the balls
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Depends. List your entire combo. You gotta choose your cam based on the combo and car. Is it a 5-spd? What gears do you have?

TFS1 is a good cam, but there are other good cams out there as well. Nothing wrong with the B303 if your car is a stick with 3.73's out back.

texasmustang316

Dec 7, 2009
it is a 5 speed now. and i have stock gears in the 7.5 i am going to get a 8.8 with 373s later.as far as the motor it is all stock