Help Picking Out Gauges and Instrument Bezel for My '65

Ferf

Dec 6, 2002
I am looking for an instrument bezel and new gauges for my ’65 Mustang. I have seen a few pictures of people using the Speedhut gauges and I really like the looks of them. I especially like the fact that you can customize the look of the gauges to your tastes. However, I am having a tough time deciding between the Speedhut Series and the Revolution Series of gauge kits.

The Revolution Series has programmable warning lights on all of the gauges (tach has shift lights) and uses a solid state transducer style pressure sensor vs the standard style sensor in the Speedhut Series with no warning lights. The price difference between the two 6 gauge kits is about $240. What are your thoughts?

Revolution Series

Speedhut Series

I am also looking for a 6 gauge bezel to put the gauges into. There are only two that I can find! Here are the two that I have found:

JME Bezel

Mustangs Unlimited Bezel

I like how the JME bezel fits the tach and speedo within the outer chrome bezel while the one from Mustangs Unlimited has the “dips” at the bottom of the bezel to accommodate the tach and speedo. Does anyone know of a place that sells an affordable bezel similar to the style of the JME bezel?

• Sponsors (?)

blown65,

Which series of gauges did you go with? Do you have a picture of them installed in your car that you could post or link to? If you are serious about selling them maybe we could working something out.

dayview.jpg

dayview2.jpg

nightview.jpg

backview.jpg

I'd have to think about it some more on the selling of it. Right now I'm spending money on some power upgrades. :D

blown65,

When you decide what you are going to do with the gauges please let me know. We are currently in the process of putting the interior back together so I will need to purchase gauges sooner than later.

Speed huts are gorgeous, and made by amazingly nice people. Good luck getting anything from JME. 3 guys within the last 3 weeks have said they have had problems getting them after months. 2 have canceled.

Blown, those look an awful lot like speed huts.