Help please, no power

bynummustang

Seen my other Jackstand?
Jul 24, 2005
NC State University
Please help, my system doesn't get any power. Last night when I was putting it in I didn't get any power. The power wire was already routed, so I was going to use it. The fuse up front doesn't look like the normal type of fuse on a system. It is square, and has a flip up top on it, not like the normal fuses. When I was wiring it up, to a MA Audio Hard Kore 1000 watt amp, when I connected the remote wire, I got power for 2 seconds, literally. And nothing I could do after that would get it to work. Did I blow the fuse on the used power wire? What gives? It didn't go into protect mode, just came on, then went off. I don't think the amp overheated, not in 2 seconds atleast. Someone please help me....

• Sponsors (?)

Go up front to the fuse probably a larger version of the fuse your used to in your car, they can be purchased and any parts store. pull it out make sure there is a fuse in there int the first place, you shouldn't have been hooking up an amp with a live power wire....

go from there, im sure its just your power, hit it w/ a volt meter to see if your getting power at the amp..

I wasn't hooking it up with the power on. The fuse is not like other audio fuses. I can't open it to see if there is a fuse, I don't have a volt meter, so I can't check it. I plan on taking it down the road to my local audio shop, and let them worry about it.

I just tested the wire. The wire before the fuse is still good, but the fuse, and wire after isn't. I cut the wire at the end, 6 inches, to test if the wire or just fuse was at fault. The wire didn't light up the test light either.

So it looks like I'm off to best buy, or somewhere to get a new power wire, in-line fuse, and holder. Last time I was up there, they sold a kit with the wire, ground wire, and fuse all assembled with power wire.

is what you have??
3766.jpg

If so,done waste your money on new wiring,their gonna charge you 15-20 bucks for a fuse holder,(they only cost them about $3-5)

No, that looks nothing like it. I'll try to take a picture of it tonight. The fuse i think is atleast 5 years old. Looks it atleast. The wire IS bad. I cut a piece and tested it on a volt meter in auto tech class. The little part where if current flows there will be a chirping sound... no sound.

iskwezm said:
yeah,thats the "higher end" type of fuse,but i personally dont use fuses,i was taught (after many years)to use a resettable circuit breaker,because it really sucks when it blows and your our away from home.:nice:
i have never seen one personally but it makes alot of sense b/c ive never blown one of those 150's but i know that i dont have a backup.

do you have a pic of the breaker????

:SNSign: