Help Please

Tman88elk

Feb 26, 2018
I own a 1997 SVT Cobra, it has 84,000 miles and I treat this car like a princess. About a week ago I decide to drive it to work instead of my beater and half way there it starts knocking like a son of a bitch. I have no clue why, I do know that its a main bearing that's kamikaze. I would like some advice on how much I could sell the car for in its current state, its all factory interior and body work, it has a bbk cold air intake, kooks long tube headers, slp full cat-back exhaust, and steeda coil overs and anti roll bars. The car is mint, garage kept and fluids changed every 4k miles. It is a five speed car with the original 32v 4.6. I was thinking maybe 5 grand? Let me know what you guys think, if anyone knows why it would spin a main out of nowhere that would be helpful too.

• Sponsors (?)

The car is mint, garage kept and fluids changed every 4k miles. It is a five speed car with the original 32v 4.6. I was thinking maybe 5 grand? Let me know what you guys think, if anyone knows why it would spin a main out of nowhere that would be helpful too.
KBB has the private party value between 4,495 - 7,292 for a working copy.

Slightly more than 7 years ago I purchased a 2000 Mustang GT with a blown motor. The car was purchased as a "project". The interior and exterior were in great condition. Price $1,300.

The DOHC motor is very pricey. So some "reasonable" discount from the price would have to be offered to make this a good "project" for someone else.

Try car-part.com to search for possible salvage yard motors. This will give an idea what a replacement motor might cost.

Low oil or hitting the rev limiter a lot. My '98 had a new engine installed at 50K due to the previous owner driving drunk and spinning a rod bearing by hitting the limiter over and over. Had 157K and running strong when I sold it though. It almost always pays to fix it to get maximum return. OP use the 1993-1998 Lincoln Mark VIII FWD engine for a (somewhat) cheaper alternative.