Help, problems programming key!

• Sponsors (?)

Ok, so I jumped on the band wagon and bought a Fusion key for my Mustang. I got it cut by a locksmith, then hopped in the car and programmed the key and the remote within 4 minutes. The car started, Alright! :lol: I get out of the car and hit the lock button, everything works, cool. Now my two original remotes don't work, but the keys will start the car. What's the deal?? I went back through the programming sequence, but no good. Now, only my new Fusion key will unlock my doors. :jaw: Anybody know what I did wrong, or how to fix this?

Ok, so I jumped on the band wagon and bought a Fusion key for my Mustang. I got it cut by a locksmith, then hopped in the car and programmed the key and the remote within 4 minutes. The car started, Alright! :lol: I get out of the car and hit the lock button, everything works, cool. Now my two original remotes don't work, but the keys will start the car. What's the deal?? I went back through the programming sequence, but no good. Now, only my new Fusion key will unlock my doors. :jaw: Anybody know what I did wrong, or how to fix this?

Yes,

You need to go thru the sequence to relearn ALL your remotes at the same time.

Just the remotes, not the key.

Thanks Punisher. I'll try it tonight and let you know. Sounds like you might have done this before...:shrug:

I dont know if I wrote it here or not, but I had bougt the key, and tried to probram the remote to my 06 stang. It was a no go....

But I could program it to my 00 taurus and my 05 escape.

I could also program the 00 and 05 remotes to my 06... In fact, one of my stang remotes still works on the taurus AND the satang.....

DarkFire where did you get your Fusion key from? I bought mine as a "brand new" used key and it shows no sign of wear but after turning it so many times, I can feel the FOB itself starting to spin on the actual key. Thank god, I've got the Start Button ..