HELP!! Rear brake piston wont compress!

exindust

May 8, 2004
Moorpark, CA
Im changing the brakes on my sisters sixer and no matter what we do the darn rear piston wont compress... we even went as far as disconnecting the brake fluid line to see if it would compress... it just wont go back in with any clamp we use... is there some sort of trick? HELP

:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

aww man this is the last time i let my dad make that decision to open the brake line... i said... if we open this wont we have to bleed the brakes? " NO " im like ... uhhh ... ok....

Now im scavenging the interweb trying to figure out how to bleed them... neither of us have done it before...

Pedal is way mushy and doesnt brake until the very end of the pedal...

this sucks... not even my car either

ok this is how you bleed it.

1. top off the brake fluid

2. have you dad get in the car and pump the brake then hold it down as far as he can.

3. open the bleeder, DO NOT TAKE YOUR FOOT OFF THE BRAKE UNTILL YOU CLOSE THE BLEEDER SCREW

continue doing this untill the brakes are firm. do the bleeders on both rear calipers.

svttech76 said:
ok this is how you bleed it.

1. top off the brake fluid

2. have you dad get in the car and pump the brake then hold it down as far as he can.

3. open the bleeder, DO NOT TAKE YOUR FOOT OFF THE BRAKE UNTILL YOU CLOSE THE BLEEDER SCREW

continue doing this untill the brakes are firm. do the bleeders on both rear calipers.

+1

And start with the one that is the farthest from the master cylinder.