Help selecting shifter please...

allcarfan

The Answer Man
Founding Member
Apr 8, 2001
North Atlanta
I am looking for a ratchet shifter that works with a reverse manual valve body in a C4. I would like to have a rubber or leather-like boot. I am looking at the B&M hammer shifter, but I dont know if it has a reverse ratchet shifter like action. I am not intersted in a 1/4stick. The quick silver shifter looks good, but, again, i dont know if it has a reverse shifting action...and it really doesnt have a boot.

Does anyone have any suggestions? pics?

• Sponsors (?)

allcarfan said:
Got a pic of it installed?

Sure do.
I have lowered the shifter base quite a bit since this picture. Just cut the bottom of the base. So, it looks alot better in there now than it did in this pic.
attachment.php

That steering wheel must be pretty popular, because my car had the same one when i first bought it, but i didnt really care for it so i changed it to another Grant wheel, the 3 spoke wheel with the Mustang emblem on the horn button :nice:

BTW- Your interior looks nice :)

crushnut said:
That steering wheel must be pretty popular, because my car had the same one when i first bought it, but i didnt really care for it so i changed it to another Grant wheel, the 3 spoke wheel with the Mustang emblem on the horn button :nice:

BTW- Your interior looks nice :)

Thanks.:) I have only seen this steering wheel on one other car around here.
Speaking of the interior, that reminds me I need some sort of new pedals.:scratch: I don't like the stock ones...

Well I have a couple of questions, after seeing the hammer installed i am definitly going to get one, but what is involved in doing this? if i wanted to move the shifter torwds me some would there be a big hole in the floor???? or becasue the console is big would it cover that up? will i get quicker shifts be getting that or would i need a shift kit too?