Help, Trying to Buy a Built Motor, 351W, What do U guys Think????

Manewaymja2

Feb 11, 2009
Heres what a Builder has told me about the motor im thinking about buying. What do you guys think. Im putting it in a 1987 GT Stang. Is this price to high and what about this combo?

393 strocker -351 windsor lightning block std. bore these blocks handle 1,000 horsepower 4340 crank 4340 h-beam rods probe dish pistons for boost TCI rattler damper canton oil pan girdle windage tray pick up tube and dipstick centerforce billet steel flywheel custom grind camshaft to your specs high volume oil pump custom file fit piston rings crane hydraulic roller lifters victor jr. heads fully ported and polished, 2.05 intake 1.60 exhaust victor efi upper and lower intake 1/2" arp. head studs fel-pro race gaskets 1.6 roller rockers everything is new $8,500 assembled with a polished novi 2000 kit letting it go for $2500. the heads are 210 cc with a 60 cc chamber, heads flowed they should flow 300 to 315 intake and 200 to 215 exhaust.

Do you guys think i can do better for the money? :shrug: Help
Thanks Matt

• Sponsors (?)

Stock lightning blocks can not handle 1000 hp. At $8500 I would be looking for something that has an after market block. World Industries has some real nice long blocks in this price range with a Man-O-War block. Or fprdstrokers could build you a real nice long block at this price or lower.