help w/ p/s lines going into p/s box

mach1one

Boulevard Bruiser
Founding Member
Oct 30, 2001
Living in the past
I had to replace the power steering box in my 73 mach. I replaced it with a rebuilt unit from another 73. The low pressure line (outlet) I have on. The high pressure (inlet) line gave me a small problem.

Long story short I had to get a new lines made for both sides. I bought (2) 5/8 -18 p/s fittings and it worked on the outlet side. On the inlet side the fitting on the box is actually a hair bigger. Does anybody know what size fitting this is? Trying to save a few trips to the parts store.

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I had to replace the power steering box in my 73 mach. I replaced it with a rebuilt unit from another 73. The low pressure line (outlet) I have on. The high pressure (inlet) line gave me a small problem.

Long story short I had to get a new lines made for both sides. I bought (2) 5/8 -18 p/s fittings and it worked on the outlet side. On the inlet side the fitting on the box is actually a hair bigger. Does anybody know what size fitting this is? Trying to save a few trips to the parts store.

Thanks.

11/16-18 SAE

The old lines were burnt in a fire so I didn't have access to them. I was switching over to braided lines for both lines to clean things up a bit. There's a local place that makes nice braided lines for pretty cheap. They don't sell power steering fittings however.

11/16 was it, looks like there are no sizes bigger than it. So thanks for the help.