Electrical Help! What’s this harness called and why am I not getting power to it?

Have a 92 LX that was originally a 4 cylinder car but was converted to a carb 5.0 by someone else. I had bought the shell and I’m also doing a carb 5.0 setup. Currently trying to figure out wiring here (not the best at electrical work here) and I’m trying to find out what this harness is called. Hooked up my battery and ran a multimeter to see if any of the wires would get power, But none of the wires are getting any power?? Everything is hooked up to the solenoid so I’m lost. All I need to really know is the name of the harness and why it could possibly not be getting power. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• F59F28E1-DB20-48DB-92E7-D51CB297100C.jpeg
    F59F28E1-DB20-48DB-92E7-D51CB297100C.jpeg
    431.1 KB · Views: 414
  • 44660817-24A0-43AB-BC00-E2559DFEF5D0.jpeg
    44660817-24A0-43AB-BC00-E2559DFEF5D0.jpeg
    533.2 KB · Views: 275
  • Sponsors (?)

Appears to be connector C110 in the 1992 evtm. Is it the only brown 8-pin connector in that area?

c110 runs to the 2.3L dual coil packs. It was ignition related. No eec, and you won’t get anything

Last edited:
Appears to be connector C110 in the 1992 evtm. Is it the only brown 8-pin connector in that area?

c110 runs to the 2.3L dual coil packs. It was ignition related. No eec, and you won’t get anything.

c110 runs to the 2.3L dual coil packs. It was ignition related. No eec, and you won’t get anything
Yeah it’s the only brown 8-pin connector in the area. Well from what I’m observing, it looks like the former owner had spliced in the connections for the oil pressure sender, water temp sender etc. so my assumption was it ran into the chassis to the gauges. This connector is coming out from the chassis harness on the driver side.

Yup, they do run through c110

red/white = temp gusge to sender
White/red = oil gusge to sender
tan/yellow = tachometer to output on DIS

Red/light green runs from ignition to the coil packs
Gray/red = from clutch pedal switch

can’t find the last wire

Yup, they do run through c110

red/white = temp gusge to sender
White/red = oil gusge to sender
tan/yellow = tachometer to output on DIS

Red/light green runs from ignition to the coil packs
Gray/red = from clutch pedal switch

can’t find the last wire
AH-Ha! Bingo, you’re the man. Now that it crosses my mind, None of that stuff would get power unless the key is turned into the “run” position right? If that’s the case my stupid ass just had to turn the key to see if I’m getting power to any of that stuff.

Not all of them. The oil pressure and water temp are wires going to senders. They are reading resistance to ground through the wires. Tach signal is also passively wired into the neg side of coil.