Help, where does transmission vacuum hook in?

Discussion in 'Classic Mustang Specific Tech' started by jpower66, Dec 12, 2003.

  1. Have a 68 mustang auto with 200 and am trying to figure out where the vacuum line goes on the c-4 tranny. The vacuum line fell out and I cannot figure out where it goes? Slow person needs help.
  2. there should be a vacuum modulator (metal cylinder) visible on your transmission. You need to get underneath the car.
  3. It's in the right rear of the trans. just above the pan
  4. sometimes its a brass like color...unless its all dirty. It looks like an oil sending unit.

  5. On the top side it goes to a full time vac port off the intake manifold.
    they already posted where it goes on the bottom.