Help With Fender Installation

I’m trying to correctly reinstall my drivers side fender after having a body man friend fix a ruined panel... I would like to not have him have to drive an hour to help but I may have to... anyway question is do I need to remove rocker panel in order to get it to line up right? Its looking like I’m going to have misalignment in the front ... particularly on the front GT panel.. I’m sure lots of guys on here do this a lot but this was first fender I’ve ever taken off of any car... albeit I didn’t break anything lol and got the 2 metal strips on fender riveted back tight and it attached well to the rocker.. it being attached is why I’m think it may need to be removed to align correctly... but I know it’s not gonna be easy for me to get rocker back on correctly either.
Thanks guys. I’ll try to include pics

832286B4-18BA-4AE6-8F09-9BCEC49E37E6.jpeg
D1192F82-8A4A-4A33-B43C-487554642F35.jpeg
67EDE04E-FC88-415E-8DEE-E94AD708DAF9.jpeg
B17665E2-80AB-4A1C-888D-4257BBEFCAC8.jpeg
BBDA7772-254B-4BB7-AD60-028BEAF4FA26.jpeg

:nice:

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sponsors (?)

If your talking about the side skirt that runs from the rear of the fender down the rocker than no.
I just R & R the passengers fender on my 93GT and didn't need to.
I basically pushed the skirt up and out of the fender bracket and about a foot or so under the door.
This left it loose enough for me to get the fender behind it and then popped back in once fender was in position. It can be a little fiddly so take your time and tape the edges to prevent damage.
Keep in mind the Ford factory panel gaps on these cars were huge in some spots so just try to compare and align with other fender/door gap.

Well, honestly, if it was my car I would pull off the rocker moulding.

It's a little pita, but the fender needs some tweaking.

This is a little tough to give advice on now that it has been repaired. Plus not being able to be there and touch it makes it harder to judge the details.

I can give you a phone call to talk to you about it if you'd like, typing this out would take a bit. Maybe a five minute phone call though.

If you want to talk, PM me.

Reactions: 1 user
Well, honestly, if it was my car I would pull off the rocker moulding.

It's a little pita, but the fender needs some tweaking.

This is a little tough to give advice on now that it has been repaired. Plus not being able to be there and touch it makes it harder to judge the details.

I can give you a phone call to talk to you about it if you'd like, typing this out would take a bit. Maybe a five minute phone call though.

If you want to talk, PM me.
Yes sir, that would be great... let me figure out how to pm and I will... after weekend I know your probably doing family.. I appreciate it.!!

It’s actually looking much better now, I may have it.
That is much better. The bodylines at the moulding area between door and fender look a little wonky. All in all though, way better:nice:.

As for the PM, just go to the little envelope thingy next to the flag in the upper right corner. Then just put my screen name in and we can talk.

Reactions: 1 user
That is much better. The bodylines at the moulding area between door and fender look a little wonky. All in all though, way better:nice:.

As for the PM, just go to the little envelope thingy next to the flag in the upper right corner. Then just put my screen name in and we can talk.
Thank you guys! ...Dave, I will PM in a couple days since we’re in Thanksgiving weekend... as I’m sure you can tell I don’t have belt moulding on doors but yes lines are way off.. I think they maybe already were but probably not THAT bad, I guess needs tweaking at that bottom bolt and in the door jam... I was happy side skirt popped on right so I started trying to get the front somewhat straight, it’s definitely better now on top where bumper cover meets fender, that whole top corner looks better than before although down the side the fender is about a dimes thickness “out” from being flush with bump cover.. other side is good, I don’t remember and should have looked at some of this stuff before I removed it, but it was probably not flush before....car was hit hard in front before so.....?? It was repaired at a reputable shop but that was 20 years ago...Happy Thanksgiving and thanks again!!