Help with foglight wiring please!

302GTS

If you need herpes, I'm your man!
Apr 20, 2009
Largo, FL
Hey guys, I found a hell of a deal on a set of foglights (everything included minus the switch) for $15 from a local guy. I'm picking them up after I get off work, and wanted to know how I should wire them. I'd like them to be used as both DTRL and with my headlights all the way on. My car is a 95 GTS, so it has the harnesses and all, but it doesn't have the switch. I'm assuming I'd have to run the wires a weird way, but was wondering if there were any diagrams for this? Thanks! :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

To wire them to be on (or for the fog light switch to be hot) when the low beams are on, red/blk at the headlight switch should be your low beams.

Red/yellow is hot anytime the low or high beams is on.

Brown is the parking light (which remains on with low and high beams) wire. This sounds like what you want.

Check that you have a fog light relay installed in your underhood fusebox already. If you don't, grab one from the J/Y.

http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/engine/images/Mustang-94-95-Underhood-Fuses.gif

If the PO had wired it up the way you want, you might find a source wire some place. When you find (or add) the source-feed, use a 3 amp fuse on the wire. The relay will draw under one amp to excite, and the 3 amp fuse protects the rest of the circuit and the wiring.

To wire them to be on (or for the fog light switch to be hot) when the low beams are on, red/blk at the headlight switch should be your low beams.

Red/yellow is hot anytime the low or high beams is on.

Brown is the parking light (which remains on with low and high beams) wire. This sounds like what you want.

Check that you have a fog light relay installed in your underhood fusebox already. If you don't, grab one from the J/Y.

http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/engine/images/Mustang-94-95-Underhood-Fuses.gif

If the PO had wired it up the way you want, you might find a source wire some place. When you find (or add) the source-feed, use a 3 amp fuse on the wire. The relay will draw under one amp to excite, and the 3 amp fuse protects the rest of the circuit and the wiring.
Picked them up tonight, and the guy worked at a local sound system shop around here, so he sent me a picture guide on how to wire them the way I need them. :nice: They came with the relays, too. I'm going to Advance tomorrow to pick up the bulbs - do I need to pick up any bolts to mount the brackets behind the bumper? Or does the block out plate already in there have what I need? Let me know if there's anything I need that I don't know of! :nice: