Help with fuel line routing and new fuel reg location

DNA DOA

Apr 3, 2005
Scappoose
Need help with which way to route my fuel lines to the fuel reg. and where to mount the fuel reg. Pictures of your set up would be very helpfull. Im not a freakin' artist but this give you an idea how it is routed now. The reg. is hidden in the pass. side fender well. I did this awhile back thinking it would be cool to hide this too but it made it very difficult to view the gauge and adjust the fuel. So the reg is going into the engine bay but where?

I would like to mount it to the fire wall but I thought you could not mount the reg. to the fire wall (this 88 turbo notch will be raced at PIR and Woodburn) because it need to be 6 inches in front of the bell housing ( I do have a Lakewood SFI bell housing) in case the clutch explodes it won't cut the fuel lines and start a fire or something like that. Another problem I see if I could mount the reg. on the firewall it would be right above the downpipe. All of that heat could be risky.

So I want to make a bracket and mount it off of the electric water pump or on the inside driver's side fender. But this causes more issues in fuel line routing and more clutter that I was trying to get rid of in the first place. So if you have any ideas let them fly. Remember I have two pumps.

Thanks in advance.

Ben SEMPER FI

Untitled-Scanned-03.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

On my Capri i have it on the passenger shock tower. Looks awesome. What fuel sender are you guys using? My question is how did you hook your lines up at the tank? Are you running an in tank pump and a factory fuel sender? I'm looking to replace the fuel lines on my 88GT is why I ask.

Hell no! What did you find out? Heres one for you.

In my awesome artist rendition I have the feed lines running to the front, fuel passes through the rails and exist the rear. Is there any reason why I could not have the feed lines start at the rear, run the fuel through the rails and exit the front to the fuel regulator?