Help with lights and dashboard

doobie

Dec 28, 2003
I am experiencing a problem with the lights in my 94 Mustang. When the lights are turned on, the dash, radio, and taillights will not come on. After tapping on the dashboard, they will flicker briefly and then come on.

After a month or so of this, I finally had the light dimmer switch replaced, which seemed to fix the problem for a while, but it has returned - leading me to believe that there is a wiring problem going on. I have checked the fuses, everything is fine. Now it looks like I need to root around behind the dashboard.

The question: How do I pull the dashboard off? I have no idea where the tabs are, or the screws. Can anyone give any advice, or direct me to a site that has a picture tutorial? I am not the handiest guy with cars, and I need all the help I can get. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Well, just for the record, the procedure for removing the guage cluster is pretty simple so I'll post it here

1)unscrew 2 screws from the underside of the upper dash bezel (size 10 torx)
2)pull bezel out, carefully, tilt wheel down for more room.
3)Unscrew the 4 corner screws on the guage cluster. (size 10 torx)
4)Pull cluster out, and unclip one wiring harness from each side.

The first two screws have a slightly different head than the last 4 if you look close so keep them separated if you want it to look professional when you put it back in.