Help With Motor Buying.

Honestly, i don't know how the engine will react to that SC and a larger head.

I was more or less taught that you use the right parts for you now, not for an unknown future.
Those heads appear to be about $1600 a set. Considering they are best for a stroker and you are building a 302 or 306 me personally, i wouldn't use them. It's almost like you have haven't even built this engine and you are already planning another.

I'd save $500 and buy the TW's. Then if you need them larger you send them to TEA for CNC'ing.

That radiator should be fine, i wouldn't worry about heat. The supercharger may heat up the intake air and the SC itself, but that doesn't necessarily mean the engine is going to run hot.
Heat soak even happens to intercooled Roots or twin screw blowers, so it's nothing out of the ordinary on a pushrod roots blower.
Ha-ha nail on the head with not having built this engine and already planning another. I had build plans for the 363 then when my DD motor crapped out, i got screwed. Some of my info might be mixing with the 363 and what I should do now.
Alright, I was under the impression that the heat soak would be so tremendous that it would be killing my coolant temps. I found another local machine shop I'm calling today. Dixie Performance.

• Sponsors (?)

@A5literMan I've never assembled a motor before. I am very competent and very much a DIY'er . Is this something I can handle. I've done alot of reading over the past few years on file fitting piston rings, degreeing cams, etc, but never actually tried it. Also is the extra $900 worth getting the "complete bottom end package"?

You sound like you would be capable of putting it together. It always helps if there is someone with a little expierience to help. Just remember to keep things clean,take your time,ask questions if your concerned(online or a friend/professional),have the proper tools,etc. Also Woody offers an online sbf building website you get to use if you purchase said assembly. I think the 900$ bottom end assembly consists of nice parts and is worth it but not entirely necessary. You could purchase cheaper parts but I wouldn't. Everything I've seen and or read about Woody's stuff is very good. I actually am going to have him build me an engine as soon as my funds come together. Should be able to put the order in this fall(if nothing unexpected happens). Good luck and have fun.

Reactions: 1 user
Sounds like a plan and thanks for all the help from everyone. I think I am going to take this DIY route and stick with Woody's stuff. No sense in half a$$ing this. Now just to decide on the standard stroker block vs dart block, I guess 302 vs 351 as well. If I go boost later on I guess it wouldn't matter which size dart motor I get. They're both capable of handling enormous power.

Just talked to "The Man" at fordstrokers. He was very knowledgeable and more than helpful. Talk about knows his chit, there wasn't a question he couldn't answer at the blink of an eye. Only 8-10 weeks for delivery! Well, it looks like my budget increased a little... looks like tomorrow I will be ordering the DIY Dart Short Block :flag:

Thanks for the suggestions:hail:

Reactions: 1 user