Help with my 89 302 turbo tune

lunetick

Dec 28, 2010
Illinois
Im new to turbo and tuning, I finely got it to idle but unsure where to go from here.
this year I put a on3 kit with micro squirt on and im in way over my head after hours of playing around I got it to start and idle but not very good.
some motor\trans details 1989 302 rebuilt last year ran very good, e303, TMoss ported TB and U\L intake, home ported gt40p heads with alex springs and 1.7 rockers, 340lph pump bbk regulator (45psi cranking about 35ish idling ) the limiting factor is my 30lb injectors for now (42s coming in the near future) pcv deleted bungs in valve covers to catch can. AOD with silverfox VB 2800 stall.
This is the current tune can someone with some knowledge look at it and let me know whats wrong or what needs changed

Attachments

• this one works to start.msq
    118.9 KB · Views: 138
  • Sponsors (?)

Hello, sorry i didnt get around to saying hi sooner... been a busy weekend. The 30lbers are going to run short on you i suggest you get a good quality injector with known and repeatable dead times..... ie... not an ebay set...

I like the LU47 from ford racing or even the LU60 will do you real good, the LU60 and LU80 are supplied to Ford from Siemens Deka.

As for the tune file you will have to give me a little bit to take a look at it.

Welcome to the forum as it is always good to see another MS User on here!!!

I did see that you gave (2) different fuel pressure numbers. You need to check the fuel pressure with the car running and the vacuum line off the regulator. This needs to be set to 39-40 psi so that when you plug in your injector settings they are correct. The injector settings are sensitive to the fuel pressure.

These need to be correct for proper fueling.

Hello I am new to Fox body’s I just got my first one not to long ago but I’m ready for more power. I am going to get an on3 kit with a 70mm turbo and I was wondering can I still use the stock ecu or should I get a micro squirt if so what model should I get if I go with a micro squirt?