Help with PS Pump on 70 351 Cleveland

I have recently came into a 70 Mach 1.
Before the previous owner bought it, someone decided that he couldn't drive a manual, Pulled the 351 Cleveland+toploader and swapped in a 351 Windsor with an automatic. Ugh.

The car was bought and disassembled for resto; in the process a correct engine and tranny was found and installed, again by previous owner (whom I know personally)

I have found a couple of issues with the install.

The PS pump is not installed correctly. It's slightly out of line, and the stamped steel bracket is bolted to the water pump in only one place. The top hole on the bracket is not lined up with anything, but it is attached in two places on the PS pump bracket. The work does look to be a 'best parts from donors' mentality, where it was peiced together and simply kept running.

Can anyone with a 351 Cleveland please peek at the photos and help me find answers? I have to replace the PS hoses, so it wouldn't be any more problem to pull and reposition the pump.

I saw the stamped bracket on another car at a show, but the owner was wandering around. Yet another car I snapped pics of had my same water pump, and used a different bracket, but I swear his was a Windsor from the valve covers.

I guess the questions are:
-Is the right equipment on the car?
-The right bracket? (see attachment for better view)
-For that matter, the right water pump (I don't think Windsor and Cleveland WP's are interchangeable-?)

IMG_4117_MyEngine_1024.JPG

I plead ignorance and try desparately to learn before I break somwthing or blow up an engine. I'm not out for perfection, only to keep it on the road and running cool.
Thanks for your time.
Scott

P.S. - Forget about the radiator, I know that's not correct (where did that come from anyway?)

Attachments

• IMG_4116_MyEngine_smaller.jpg
    IMG_4116_MyEngine_smaller.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 110
  • Sponsors (?)

It's possible, you have a later model 351M/400 pump on it. I can't tell from the pics. Pull the P/S pump off and clean off and find the casting numbers (stamping in this case) on the bracket. Some of the Windsor and Cleveland accessory brackets do interchange. The pulleys for one are the same.