Help with speedometer issue

• Sponsors (?)

They make a gear that you can put on the speedo cable that goes into the transmission that adjusts for the gearing.

There used to be an electronic box you could use but once the manuel speedo gear became obsolete you can't find it anymore.

What gears did you go to? Usually going from the factory 2.73 to anything performance makes the speedo read too fast.
I used this on my 98gt/T45 to correct the speedometer after a change to 3.73 gears
Needs ground and keyed power, and is put in the gray wire coming off the vss.
You use the push buttons to adjust the correction ratio until the speedometer reads correctly.
Great guys to deal with and will help you troubleshoot issues. I had to put a 1mF cap in the output line to get it to read. There is also an occasional throttle lift/surge when using cruise control.

You can also change the gear on the vss, but my t45 had the green 6 tooth drive gear, so even going to a 21 tooth drive left the speedometer off by ~15%.
The 23 tooth gears are known to self destruct in short time in these applications.

abbott enterprises makes the cable x that lets you operate your cable drive speedometer with vss. can calibrate if ever change tire size or rear end. pretty cool.
I'll pass that to my friend and see if that could help him deal with the off speedometer. The previous owner took back the original size of tires before he sold it but the speedo is still off. Now, he's looking to get bigger toyo tires so maybe a cable could help.