Help With Stereo Selection

• Sponsors (?)

Got to thread a little late...

I have the Pioneer Premeir pictured above.. deh-p940mp

It is awesome, it has so many options for controling the sound in your car, from a 7 band equalizer (I think 7 band) to sound focus setup.

I installed my in my 94 without Mach, and it took be about an hour to do it myself not ever doing anything like it before. I would also highly suggest looking on the internet for the component stuff you want. Much much cheaper, but you have to do everything yourself. gopcplus.com has a lot of things, and are pretty cheap from what I have found, compared to ebay, and they have reasonable shipping rates!! Don't get screwed with the s/h charges.

http://www.circuitcity.com/verity_search.jsp?productType=1&search=RADIO+HARNESS&qp=0&c=1&b=g&u=c

Circuit City has the harness for the radio for $16, and the harness for what they say (Ford, 1985 and up) for $17. Maybe someone could look at the link and tell me if these are what I need..They both have free shipping, and even If I bought them at the store, the price is $33 for both, and again, install is free.

Im looking at Met Pro180 (first item on the page) and Met 801770 (about 1/2 way down)

let me know what you think.

RC

94GTLaserRC said:
Has anyone checked out my CC link above to see if those are the right harnesses?
RC

Just saw it, and I'm not sure if the first one goes with the deck you want, but I know the second one is wrong. The plug to connect to the Mach460 is not a wide flat one like that. If I remember correctly it is sort of like a 3/4'' square shape, and about an inch long.

go.rei GT said:
Just saw it, and I'm not sure if the first one goes with the deck you want, but I know the second one is wrong. The plug to connect to the Mach460 is not a wide flat one like that. If I remember correctly it is sort of like a 3/4'' square shape, and about an inch long.
I C now!
I think the first one connect to the Pioneer, and the other connects to that one.

ANYWAY, If I take it to CC, they can just put the Pioneer in, each of those harnesses (free intall labor) and Whoalah!

Is that correct? I think the prices of those harnesses are fair.
RC

u can use the 70-5511 that is the amp intergrator harness the only problem is u will not be able to use teh factory radio again with the mach amps. to do it right no shop is goin to do the intall for free cause u have to bypass both mach amps.

raginbul469 said:
u can use the 70-5511 that is the amp intergrator harness the only problem is u will not be able to use teh factory radio again with the mach amps. to do it right no shop is goin to do the intall for free cause u have to bypass both mach amps.

Forget this $hit...It's too damn confusing! :bang:
RC

I would look into a deck with just aux inputs instead of built in xm i have the Sony DRNXM01MK2 in my house gf truck and my car...the reciver connect to the back of my apline deck and i will be runing the wires to the center conlso and installing it either were the factory ash tray is or in the consol it's self...but i can just disco the unit and moved it to my home stereo or gf truck in 5sec....the Skyfi is kinda the same just lacks the highs....and teh Roady you have to deal with wires...but the roady is the easyest one to mess with becuase it dosn'te need a craddle in every place you take it.

www.xmfan.com ceck them out.....also were you going to mount the xm antenna i havn't mounted mine yet in the stang still trying to find a good spot it will probly end up on the dash.

94GTLaserRC said:
Man...Thanks to ALL of you for this info :hail2:
But Im still a little confused:

1. I thought CC and BB install the stuff for Free when you buy it there :shrug:

2. I wont need to CUT any wires to splice? The harness just "plugs" right in?

3. If I get a Sony or Pioneer (or any) "Sat Ready" unit for now without service, but just with the MP3 player, can I "add" the Delphi unit later to actually receive the service? If so, I would still need something to connect my player to the Delphi, correct?

Thanks agains (you know in 1983, when I was 19, I installed, wired, drilled, and mounted equalizers, speakers and the player in my 72 T-bird...I feel like I have to learn this stuff all over again. :bang:
RC

3. You're half right. You can add an XM TUNER later and it should come with everything you need to hook it up, except the antenna.

The DELPHI unit is a portable XM player. It plugs into the cig lighter for power and has an FM tuner built into the power adapter. You then tune your radio to whatever station is set on the delphi fm tuner, usually 89.1 I think. This way you can get XM on a factory radio.

Just simplify the wiring crap by doing what I did. . .gut your interior and rip out anything that has anythign to do with the Mach460, from that wierd rear box thing to the amp behind the center console and the wiring and harnesses. Then run all your own wiring and it's a piece of cake! It just takes forever :D I like knowing that all the wiring is my own and it makes me think it sounds better too. When it was all said and done, I had a pile of Mach460 in the trash can and a stereo that I installed from scratch, it's way more satisfying :)

Zero Signal said:
Just simplify the wiring crap by doing what I did. . .gut your interior and rip out anything that has anythign to do with the Mach460, from that wierd rear box thing to the amp behind the center console and the wiring and harnesses. Then run all your own wiring and it's a piece of cake! It just takes forever :D I like knowing that all the wiring is my own and it makes me think it sounds better too. When it was all said and done, I had a pile of Mach460 in the trash can and a stereo that I installed from scratch, it's way more satisfying :)

How is what youre saying "Just simplify" That sounds like the OPPOSITE of what Im looking to do.

ALL I WANT IS AN MP3 PLAYER AND Satellite RADIO :bang:

That is true. There has to be a bunch of resistance between all the old wiring, splicing, and the harnesses you'd have to buy. Putting in your own wiring would increase sound quality but RC is looking for ease here so the harness would be fine. I'll do the wiring job when I get new speakers, until then it's the crappy non-460 system for me. I guess it's quantity over quality for us.