Help with White Face Gauge Wiring

Eleanor2001

Aug 8, 2011
Texas
I recently purchased a set of Stack Racing white face gauge inserts from American Muscle. The directions are not clear about how to wire these. The wiring harness has a 12v power inverter with 3 wires coming out of it. One wire is obviously the connecting wire for the gauges. Another is a dimmer knob and the third I have no clue. Maybe the third also connects to the dimmer knob, but came apart during shipping. Regardless, I want to wire these gauges to my headlight knob. Do I need the 12v black box? Do I need the dimmer knob if I plan to use my headlight knob to dim/brighten? Do I cut the wire off the black box that connects to the gauge inserts and wire the red wire to my headlight knob and the black to a ground lug?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

• DSC02674.JPG
    DSC02674.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 129
  • Sponsors (?)

You gonna want to go to the fuse box by the knee bolster on the left hand side. Find the fuse for the inside light lighting interior, which controlled by the dimmer switch and buy a mini fuse Ad-a-fuse at Auto-Zone.

Plug the mail parts in the back of the gauges, and wire the hot side to the Add-a-fuse and fine the Ground-point on the screw, by the fuse box (by your left knee.)