Help would be appreciated

SupraMustang

Jun 5, 2004
I just finished changing my lower intake manifold gasket, changin injectors, ecu, MAM, TB and EGR plate on my 90 GT and now my car won't turn over. At first it started and but wouldn't idle then we tried moving the distributor to change the timing and now the car won't turn over at all it just clicks. There are two connections that I couldn't put back one ios the tube shaped connector by the battery and the other is a big vaccum line tube right behind the upper intake manifold. Any suggestions as to how to get my car running would be appreciated thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Did you mean that you weren't able to hook that big line in back up? If so then I'd say that's a problem. It's the one that goes to the pcv valve? Pretty big vac leak right there I'd say.

SupraMustang said:
I just finished changing my lower intake manifold gasket, changin injectors, ecu, MAM, TB and EGR plate on my 90 GT and now my car won't turn over. At first it started and but wouldn't idle then we tried moving the distributor to change the timing and now the car won't turn over at all it just clicks. There are two connections that I couldn't put back one ios the tube shaped connector by the battery and the other is a big vaccum line tube right behind the upper intake manifold. Any suggestions as to how to get my car running would be appreciated thanks.

So you thought that because you couldn't reconnect those parts, the car would run anyway? LOL!!!

alright, that tube shaped connector sounds like your computer ground...what was the problem w/ hooking it up? It's a quick-disconnect type and should be virtually plug and play :shrug:

Yeah, you might want to get that hose back on the upper intake. It's either the PCV hose or the one from the firewall vacuum distribution block and either would of, course hinder, performance, although probably not cause the non-starting issue. I usually put the one from the firewall (and the other vac lines) back on before I bolt the upper down.

Clean your battery terminals and make sure connections are tight first of all. If it doesn't start, take a screwdriver and put it across the 2 posts on the starter solonoid...by the battery....watch out for sparks, but if your starter cranks, your starter solonoid is bad.